Official Boxing Thread

It certainly was.

The thing about Fury is that he is such an intelligent fighter. He can fight/box/wrestle/maul .... all in the one fight. Being leaned on and mauled round after round by a 6"9, almost 20 stone monster, basically sucks the energy out of the opponent.

True.

I think the doctor should have stopped the fight.

Wilder was just there to be pummelled toward the end. Could have been seriously hurt.

2-E9-B6365-2-C20-4-F4-D-A79-D-53-FF4-BC54129.jpg

Scary shit

Good god no, Fury will surely not fight him again. I can see Fury unifying the belts next year, then having 1 or 2 more fights after that and retiring. So he's probably got 3-4 fights left in him.
Great fight but two wins and a draw that should have been given to Fury is the end result.
Ain't going to be no rematch.

I'd paid little to no attention to the run-up to the match but the few unsubstantiated rumours I'd heard about Fury's weight etc had me worried about his mental state. As did his ridiculous entry to the ring. However once he got into the ring he was completely focused on the job. He doesn't get the credit he deserves tbh. Hopefully he can fight Oleksandr Usyk soon to become undisputed champ and end that debate.

Joshua looked shocked in that fight. You could see he had zero answer to Usyk’s skill. He’ll probably go for broke and get tried mid fight, he’ll be picked apart then. Can’t see the fight happening.
Rematch clause invoked yesterday.

It might be a bit of jockeying but the dosser derby is a more interesting fight and usyk vs Fury is more interesting too.

Our very own Dillian Whyte is fighting Wallin which will present a fly in the works.... but there could be a bit of horse trading there too.

Being completely honest, I had no interest in Wilder Vs Fury 3 (up until this week).

I was full sure it would be the same as the second fight and maybe even worse for Wilder. Of course you couldn't talk about the fight without the obligatory "but if Wilder lands" which was almost a back covering exercise in case those of us full sure Fury would school him rather than any real sense that Wilder could do it.

The fight panned out not exactly as I thought it would but with all the "what ifs" actually happening. I don't know whether that makes me, and those like me, right or wrong.

Wilder is an awful sore loser. A couple of bum fights left in him id say to pad up his win loss record and put a few more quid in the bank. Then maybe a WWE run dressed up as a ninja or something.

Rematch clause invoked yesterday.

It might be a bit of jockeying but the dosser derby is a more interesting fight and usyk vs Fury is more interesting too.

Our very own Dillian Whyte is fighting Wallin which will present a fly in the works.... but there could be a bit of horse trading there too.
Hopefully Whyte beats Wallin and makes this happen. I really like Whyte, I think Fury is the better fighter but with the confidence restored after beating Wallin then anything can happen. No means certain that he will beat Wallin though.

My heart was in my mouth when Fury went down for the second time but by god he re grouped and smashed the whiny little bitch.

I can't see Joshua beating Usyk in the rematch so Fury v Usyk for all the gold should be a good one. I'd not mind seeing Wilder against Joshua at some stage, could be an interesting fight.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jake Bugg
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼