Official 2023 6 nations thread.

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah i was worried at half time and even more worried when we had VDF throwing into the lineout and Healy at hooker in the second half but once Lowe got the try i felt like we were never gonna loose.

Scots disappeared at half time

Looks like Henderson and Ringrose definitely out for next week.

Baird will start and I suppose McCarthy or Treadwell will come onto the bench (not sure if either are fit to be honest)

Hopefully Doris and either Sheehan or Kelliher are fit

Gibson Park made a huge difference when he came on. Murray is just too slow
Conor Murray has been a great servant to Ireland, but his box kicking just invites the opposition to attack. Gibson made a huge impact.

I think mccarthy is out all tournament.
They could do a lot worse than call Jean Kleyn up, though obviously they'll stick to those in camp.

Kelliher seemed to get a stinger he couldn't shake off. Obviously tried to grind out as long as he could
Coombes really should be the next in line for call up

Question about France and ntmack in particular. He's been hyped since forever but I can't see it, rarely if ever makes a line break, what's the deal here, is he very good but not allowed any freedom the way France play or just another talking horse?

Coombes really should be the next in line for call up
He doesn't want to play second row apparently and I'd say Farrell won't throw him into the second row internationally. But then again if Baird starts you'd back him and Ryan to do the full 80 so Coombes could just as early bench for the back row.

Henderson and Ringrose all but confirmed as out. The former in a cast and the latter was very groggy when coming around.
Farrell said he's hopeful on Doris and Sheahan but Kelliher seems to have done the same injury as he did in Paris last year. That fella has no luck.

Question about France and ntmack in particular. He's been hyped since forever but I can't see it, rarely if ever makes a line break, what's the deal here, is he very good but not allowed any freedom the way France play or just another talking horse?
He was off form completely for a while (he didn't do much against Munster either) but seems to be slowly coming back but still not great. Jalibert is actually playing better stuff in the moment and was the reason France drove on and won a few of the earlier games when subbed on.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's normally in attacking scenarios with lineout not set. Didn't think it applied for new ball but suppose it makes sense in same way that if someone not in play touching it stops the quick lineout...
Very frustrating
Shortly after that incident Ireland had a lineout and the ballboy handed a new ball to the player and the one that went into touch was on the ground next to the line. Why was no infringement called for that? Doesn't make sense.

It's arguably not even a quick line-out given Porter (I think) was there and there was definitely a Scot as well.

Definitely think Fagerson tackled Doris in the air too. Doris was coming down fast anyway. Hopefully he's back for Saturday anyway

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sister Act The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

3rd Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Nat Mac

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼