No Parking = No City

Why can't we have a lot more park & ride places? Apart from the Black Ash, we have none.

Why can't we have one, say, just beyond the western end of Ballincollig? No shortage of open space there. This would cater for the needs of commuters from the Macroom direction.

Loads of green fields between Blarney & the city. A park & ride there would meet the needs of commuters from the Blarney and Mallow direction.

Also on the Bandon road - a park & ride somewhere around the viaduct would cater for traffic from West Cork.

And so on, on the other main arteries into Cork.
Originally, the plan was to have a number of park and ride facilities dotted around the city. One was supposed to be at Tinkers Cross, but SF Cllr. (now TD) Tommy Gould led a campaign against it as the proposed location was the only green space in the area. Oxford in England is a good example of the Park N Ride concept. There could be one at curaheen near the dog track, one at Dunkettle, one at the Commons Road and one at the Kingsley Hotel.
€5 a car all day, and unlimited bus rides in and out for however number of occupants.

Originally, the plan was to have a number of park and ride facilities dotted around the city. One was supposed to be at Tinkers Cross, but SF Cllr. (now TD) Tommy Gould led a campaign against it as the proposed location was the only green space in the area. Oxford in England is a good example of the Park N Ride concept. There could be one at curaheen near the dog track, one at Dunkettle, one at the Commons Road and one at the Kingsley Hotel.
€5 a car all day, and unlimited bus rides in and out for however number of occupants.
That is never used, only by lads on stolen scramblers and kids bushing.

We are though. I guess it helps that it's really flat. Cars and bikes segregated at every turn. The Dutch are doing it right regards public transport infrastructure.
Nah bud, I laughing at the fact that you are in Amsterdam for a break and log in here to complain about our public transport.

Done Tx. I am Lobbying here on PROC trying to get a public sway to influence the politicians to manage the non elected. 'Squabbling' albeit mostly silly keeps this Topic Thread up at the top, in view...... As I say Lobbying. I guess we could Storm City Hall, but judging by their phone answering, there is rarely anybody actually there.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼