Niner

Played it mainly in the southside and in most games it was 3 nines except for some reason in Douglas it was aces,didnt really care as long as it was declared first.

wouldn't have a problem with it once its called at the start

does that mean a pair of 9s beats a pair of aces though? I presume not

And in the massively unlikely scenario a poker of 9s beats a poker of aces?
No, two 9s was beaten by two 10s, two Js etc. But three 9s was top, then 3 Aces, and on down. At least that's how we used to play it.

Surprised that it's not played elsewhere. A dub friend of mine was good at niner.

yeah.. I presume its because you are making a hand with 5 cards in classic poker and 3 cards in niner so the odds of getting 5 of 13 cards of one suit must be shorter than the odds of getting a series of 5 cards using all 4 suits in poker whereas the odds of getting 3 suited is easier than 3 in a series in niner?
Yeah, was thinking that after I wrote the post alright.

Good at niner?

Jesus lads, it's a decent game with a good amount of limited strategy and I could see how it would be great to teach kids how to think, and have a bit of fun, but let's not pretend it's top level chess.

Good at niner. Yeah, I'm fucking brilliant at striking a match :lol!:

Only if the forenzics get the mixture dramatically wrong.
No no, the card was stripped from what I can remember, packed tight and plugged.
A match then set it off.
Probably short a few details that I'm forgetting but I saw it done numerous times......

*Have to go as someone is at the door*
Out the window lads, it's the shades.

No no, the card was stripped from what I can remember, packed tight and plugged.
A match then set it off.
Probably short a few details that I'm forgetting but I saw it done numerous times......

*Have to go as someone is at the door*
Out the window lads, it's the shades.

Birmingham Six appeal[edit]​

In 1991 The Court of Appeal stated that the Griess test should only be used as a gateway or preliminary test and that:

Dr Skuse's conclusion was wrong, and demonstrably wrong, judged even by the state of forensic science in 1974.[12]
Caustic soda is used to break down the molecule of nitroglycerine to produce nitrite ions. The concentration is crucial to the test. If Skuse had used a dilute solution as he claimed, the test would react positive only on hands dripping with nitroglycerine,[13] which was an absurdity.[14] A stronger solution would react positive to any number of chemicals. Contaminants suggested included laboratory detergents used to wash the test containers and some soaps and lacquers, as well as the nitrocellulose polymer used on playing cards.[15]

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼