NFL Season 22/23

Good summary megelus. I watched the Bengals Steelers my main takeaways from that were
1 - Burrow needs to play better. 5 turnovers is awful, he looked very rusty. That said he was better in the second half and I'm hoping that it's just a one off (like Chicago last year). Bengals D was brilliant and kept them in the game.
2 - Steelers Offense is absolutely horrendous and reminiscent of last year's horror show. Everything was out quick to account for their terrible O line and they had no rushing production whatsoever. The only pass plays that worked were trick plays involving a lot of deception. With TJ Watt having torn his pec, it could be a long season for them. There Defense was brilliant today (particularly Minkah) and you can't count them out under Tomlin however.
3 - Out of all the injuries in the game the Bengals long snapper getting hurt had the biggest impact imo. Really cost them with the game on the line.
Agreed on all 3.Trubisky was himself essentially and even Burrows bad game was still competitive. I'd be more optimistic for the Bengals over the Steelers though as its very likely Burrow has played his worst game of the season and the Steelers D have played their best.

Burrows has that in him but he could come back clean as a whistle next week, just as easily.

Watt out with a pec tear for the Steelers for the foreseeable too.

Prescott due to miss a few weeks with a broken hand.

Normally this would be a season killer, losing your starting qb in essentially garbage time, but the NFC east is no ordinary division... though oddly enough the other 3 teams all won this week.

Lions vs Eagles. Lions continue to be the little engine that almost could. The league would be far more enjoyable if Dan Campbell coached every team.

Browns vs Panthers. Delighted Mayfield lost. 4 fumbles without losing one must be a record. Brissett is a decent stand in but he's not the future.

Texans vs Colts. A draw 😆

Bengals vs Steelers. Not a draw ☹️
The Steelers D was excellent, a win for Trubisky first time out. The biggest question arising though is Burrow. He'll need to do better to live up to last year's potential.

Saints vs Falcons. Underrated rivalry in the league, these teams frequently have very good matches, no exception today.

Bears vs 49ers. Disappointing loss to start the Trey Lance era, 49ers looked like they were cruising but just couldn't properly close it out. Not hugely impressive for either team.

Dolphins vs Pats. Dolphins overarching against the Pats, as is tradition.

Ravens vs Jets. Good day out for the Ravens but they've been down this road before with Jackson, regular season not the problem.
Business as usual for the Jets.

Jags vs Coms. Surprisingly fun game but most likely significance is deciding draft order between them.

Chiefs vs Cardinals. Cliff Kingsbury doing his thing earlier than usual.

Vikings vs Packers. Rodgers complaints about his receivers was pretty prescient.

Raiders vs Chargers. Important win for the Chargers in what looks like it will be a very competitive division.

Giants vs Titans. Early slip up for the Titans and questions over Tannehills payday. If they want to be serious contenders they can't lose these games.
Great analysis Mega

It’s crazy. Here is a guy that has not produced in post season games and he turns down this and wants it all guaranteed.
The thing is, rightly or wrongly, he knows he can get it if holds out.

Watson is very similar in terms of success and he got 230 even with the court case and suspension looming over him.

The last 10 years (ironically, since Flacco got paid) the qb prices have skyrocketed. The cap has risen too but i would love to see what total% is spent on qbs now compared with 2010. Wentz, Goff, Stafford, Prescott, Cousins, Garropolo and a few more all got crazy money for standing as qbs.

Before Flacco it was considered impossible to pay someone more than the big 4 (Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees) but now it's just whoever turn they get paid.

The thing is, rightly or wrongly, he knows he can get it if holds out.

Watson is very similar in terms of success and he got 230 even with the court case and suspension looming over him.

The last 10 years (ironically, since Flacco got paid) the qb prices have skyrocketed. The cap has risen too but i would love to see what total% is spent on qbs now compared with 2010. Wentz, Goff, Stafford, Prescott, Cousins, Garropolo and a few more all got crazy money for standing as qbs.

Before Flacco it was considered impossible to pay someone more than the big 4 (Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees) but now it's just whoever turn they get paid.
I know what you are saying Mega but Flacco ( didn’t rate him either) won a lucky SB . Lamar the way he plays could and did get injured and then what.
The Watson one just baffles me. Good QB but I certainly would not have signed him to that deal.
Aw well I guess that’s the game now

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Ward
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Where is my Mind? - Niall Breslin

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼