Neymar was right to leave Barcelona!

idle speculation that they'd have to leave the league even in the event of catalan independence. there is precedence for teams from one country playing in the league of another - swansea and wales in the UK, and isn't there a liechtenstein team in the swiss league? (yep, FC Vaduz).

there are probably other similar cases.

Derry

i'd say in footballing terms the likelihood of catalonia having it's own international side is greater than the chance of any changes to la liga, given that they already have a team structure in place.

if that does happen, dose on whichever team gets them as 'bottom ranked seed' in a qualifying group. we lucked out with that with gibraltar in the past, catalonia would present a far different challenge...

i'd say in footballing terms the likelihood of catalonia having it's own international side is greater than the chance of any changes to la liga, given that they already have a team structure in place.

if that does happen, dose on whichever team gets them as 'bottom ranked seed' in a qualifying group. we lucked out with that with gibraltar in the past, catalonia would present a far different challenge...

I reckon they'd be ahead of the ROIs and Austrias of this world fairly fucking quickly.

idle speculation that they'd have to leave the league even in the event of catalan independence. there is precedence for teams from one country playing in the league of another - swansea and wales in the UK, and isn't there a liechtenstein team in the swiss league? (yep, FC Vaduz).

there are probably other similar cases.

:cool:
Swansea and Cardiff play in a "country" which has the same govt. as their own though.
If Barcelona left La Liga, it would become like the SPL tbh. with one team dominating. Money talks and Barcelona won't leave nor will they be let leave imo.

Swansea and Cardiff play in a "country" which has the same govt. as their own though.
If Barcelona left La Liga, it would become like the SPL tbh. with one team dominating. Money talks and Barcelona won't leave nor will they be let leave imo.

Totally agreed. At the end of the day, RM and Barca need each other, and La Liga needs both.

Edit: Btw Lee, I have a couple of questions for you following on from a recent holiday in Spain. See the LF later.

That shithouse of a club are dirty and corrupt. Neymar can't be implicated with all that shit so he left.

How many other clubs have their old presidents in jail because of money laundering?

Absolute scum.

I can think of a few clubs off hand whose chairmen/presidents had been involved in very shady deals. Who exactly are you suggesting are absolute scum - Naymar, Barcelona, or the old president?

Derry City play in LoI lads
Monaco play in the French league
There's quite a few teams from one jurisdiction playing in another.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼