New midwives in CUH starting on €28K pa

Seems a bit small, doesn't it? I would have thought that job paid a much higher salary.

Before anyone asks, I don't have a link, I just heard it mentioned on redfm news

Midwives are amongst the best paid workers in Denmark in a social system which rewards valuable professions rather than people selling shit you don't need.

Midwives are amongst the best paid workers in Denmark in a social system which rewards valuable professions rather than people selling shit you don't need.

:mrgreen:

the Marxist revolution is coming comrade ...

(sorry, just gotta get the dig out of the way first!)

actually, I agree with you though, with the exception of doctors and dentists and a few other selected medical professionals I think that public servants (not civil servants!) are very important jobs and in many cases are relatively badly paid, for example, Teachers. Like teaching in a very important job as arguably it is the country's insurance policy for years to come but it remains relatively badly paid in comparison with other professions. Similarly I cannot imagine a more responsible job than a midwife.

If the wages were increased this would have the dual benefits of
1. attracting more people to the professions
2. attracting possibly more capable people to the professions (this is only speculation, but it seems reasonable)

I would imagine people are actively discouraged from going into these given that they can make more money selling mobile phones ... its a bad indictment of the state of the country ...

queue ... celtic tiger cubs rant ...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Living Images (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

19th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼