New docklands development

I gather the R&H building it is structurally unstable and OCP aren’t expecting the inevitable objections to knocking it to go anywhere.

Not a great day for the jackeen Cobh based artist/serial objector. His head must be truly spinning.
Yes, the structure of the R+H Hall silos are in very poor condition and would not survive an intervention for re-use.

The waterfront space in front of the

Yes pubs restaurants music venues with a walkway along the river frontage similar to Bristol instead of 'public space'
The E.S.B. power station will be up next as well as the Tedcastle site beyond so there will be a continuous walkway/cycle path etc along the river front to the Marina.

How?

The site has been 80% levelled for the past 15 years.
How what? I don’t understand your question..
If it relates to the current 20% still standing then I rate the current 20% standing as vile.

I rate the proposed new development as vile.. but builders want their return so we will never get something pleasing to the eye because of cost.

But after a few generations people will say it’s lovely.. I grew up there, I met your grandmother there.. uncle Jim was knocked down at that corner..

I’m sure not every one in Paris in the late 1880s loved the Eiffel Tower.

If it relates to the current 20% still standing then I rate the current 20% standing as vile.

I rate the proposed new development as vile.. but builders want their return so we will never get something pleasing to the eye because of cost.

But after a few generations people will say it’s lovely.. I grew up there, I met your grandmother there.. uncle Jim was knocked down at that corner..

The Banker said:
Vile replacing vile..
That’s just my view.. everyone has one..
If it is 80% levelled hard standing space what are you even on about?

What has this even got to do with "builders"?

Planning and building regulations ensure that you cannot build any cheap old rubbish anyway.

This is a developer led project and they are way off appointing any "builder" until after planning permission is granted.

“Planning and building regulations ensure that you cannot build any cheap old rubbish anyway.”

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤦‍♂️
You do know that you have to submit constructions details and product certification etc to Building Control before construction for compliance?

Thought not.

You hardly even know what a builder is.

They still fuckin' hate it..

Vile replacing vile..
That’s just my view.. everyone has one..

In 150 years time when someone proposes to replace the now proposed structures I’m sure some of our great great grand children will be screaming for preservation.
In 150 years they’ll all be moorings for boats

Nice to see the Luas will have a stop according to the video.

The lady from the Chamber mentions Marino Point in the audio. Her geography seems a bit off.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Inspiration The Poor Relation (Open Mic Night)

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼