Nerd Help: Dodgy error message

error%20720.JPG

the evil secretary has been up to her tricks again on the office pc.

i get this error when she uses dial up for the internet,
the modem goes through the motions, screeches and sounds like it is
connecting.

just at the end of the dialing, the error appears.

Thought the modem was blown, so I got a ext. usb dial up modem,

same error!

from what I can tell, TCP/Ip seems to be configured properly,
i have deleted all dial up connections and re-added new ones,
no joy.

any ideas?

thanks

it's probably eircom fuckwittery. that happened me a lot when trying to dial up.
you just have to keep on trying to connect. there's obviously no problem with the password/username because that's a different error message

shamalive said:
No PPP control protocols configured ?

I have a look at all that looked fine to me,

I cant see the secretary changing PPP settings....

fuck sake,

I will probably have to do a restore on it

(windows based on has never worked, have extrenal hd backup)

i_didnt_do_nawtin said:
it's probably eircom fuckwittery. that happened me a lot when trying to dial up.
you just have to keep on trying to connect. there's obviously no problem with the password/username because that's a different error message

could be, but this has been goign on for over 2 weeks.

I could connect with my laptop fine using their dial up connection (phoneline)

i_didnt_do_nawtin said:

Wonder are they cutting back on their dial-up services in an effort to give it a bad name. I'm sure they're making a fortune from their flat-rate broadband service.

Ciotóg said:
Wonder are they cutting back on their dial-up services in an effort to give it a bad name. I'm sure they're making a fortune from their flat-rate broadband service.

I've often thought that myself. And sometimes when it does connect, no data can be sent or received for a minute or so, even though it's costing me money just to be connected.

i_didnt_do_nawtin said:
I've often thought that myself. And sometimes when it does connect, no data can be sent or received for a minute or so, even though it's costing me money just to be connected.

Yeah, and the amount of times I've had to retry the dial up. New phone call each time, and a nice little earner for the shower of cunts that call themselves Eircom. More of that anon though.

Joey Beltram said:
lads, its not eircom at fault here,

i can dial-up fine wirth my laptop
on the same phone-line.

any other ideas people, tis wrecking my head.

the modem is obviously fine if it can get that far.
copy the settings you're using on to her machine and try again.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼