Neil Young drops acoustic set for Marquee

About the "dropping" of the acoustic set. There was no acoustic set to drop.
He played an acoustic set on the Chrome Dreams Continental Tour (with the Chrome Dreams band) which ran up until March.
The current tour, Neil Young and his ELECTRIC BAND European Summer tour....... I'll just stop there.

I'm absolutley gutted. Niell Young has been a hero of mine for years.
He was a voice for numerous generations with his insightful lyrics.

To me Neil is a folk singer and that is what I went to see last night. If I wanted to see 20 min solo's I'd have gone to clapton.

Where were some of his best songs , Harvest , Harvest Moon , A man needs a maid , Four strong winds , Rockin' in the free world, Old man. , Alabama etc.

Feel like I was robbed.

Hmmmmm... Neil Young started out as a folk singer and grew into something much much more. The same way the Beatles started out as pop stars and grew into so much more

I could slam you like everyone else has been doing but you contradict yourself in your own statement : Rockin in the free world, a folk song, you got to be kidding right?

That was the gig of the year in Cork if not the bloody century and he played the needle and the damage done, heart of gold, oh lonesome me, hey hey my my. Neil Young played A Day in the Life like the Beatles could only have dreamed of doing it live...

Basically the only way you would be happy would be if Neil Young called you up beforehand and went through the setlist with you so as not to scare or surprise you or anything like that eh?

To me Neil is a folk singer and that is what I went to see last night. If I wanted to see 20 min solo's I'd have gone to clapton.

Where were some of his best songs , Harvest , Harvest Moon , A man needs a maid , Four strong winds , Rockin' in the free world, Old man. , Alabama etc.

Feel like I was robbed.

I've no idea if you are being serious or not. But if you are you basically expected him to play the whole Harvest album. The man has about 40 years worth of albums behind him and still consistently turns out excellent albums. He has a huge back catalog of great music both electric and acoustic. He'd have to play for a whole week in the Marquee to play all the "hits".

He can still rock it out and its great to see that he cares enough to give it his all.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Belgium Friday night. I had a dream last night I was a roadie for his European tour!

Feel like I was robbed.

If you were a Neil Young fan you'd know that never in the history of his career has he played the crowd pleasers just to appease people. He has always played the songs that he wants. He has repeatedly stated throughout his career that he owes nothing to anyone and that he does whatever he wants to keep himself happy.

You should have done more research before you rushed to buy your ticket as soon as ticketmaster opened instead of buying a ticket cos you like his famous songs.

Great gig. Spell binding performance.

Feel like I was robbed.

My friends Dad said the same. Too many guitars solos which isnt Youngs style. he had seen Young a few times aswell.

My friends Dad said the same. Too many guitars solos which isnt Youngs style. he had seen Young a few times aswell.

Guitar solos have been his style on many occasions. Have you ever heard Tonights The Night album? No hidden Path (the song that lasted for 20minutes) is on his latest album and is just as long on the recording.

Why do people think Neil Young has only one style when he has released heavy rock albums, rock n roll albums, folk albums, electronic albums, country albums?

Last edited:
A funny story about Neil Young - the crowd pleaser

After the release of "Tonights the Night" lots of fans were disgusted that he had left his folk roots. One gig he played the whole album start to finish. However, half way through, sensing the growing unrest among the crowd that he was not playing any of the songs that they came to hear, Neil pleaded with the crowd to be patient with his new material and that he would play what they wanted to hear when he played the new album through.

The fans responded very well and actually really started getting into the new album near the end. When he played the whole album Neil Young thanked everyone and....
Played the entire album again, start to finish!!

good one neil good one...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Prophet Song: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼