Nationwide

Not in the cubs or scouts? Most were.
8th Cork linked to St.Mary's, 10th Cork (the enemy) linked to North Chapel.

Oh sorry.

Not the school on Easons Hill. I went to North Pres then the Mon. I lived at the corner of your place on Roman Street.

I was referring to St Mary's Pope's Quay.

I.... I'm gonna get the piss pulled out of me over this... I was in the choir. The one on the balcony down the back with the pipe organ.

There was never a good way to frame that.

Oh sorry.

Not the school on Easons Hill. I went to North Pres then the Mon. I lived at the corner of your place on Roman Street.

I was referring to St Mary's Pope's Quay.

I.... I'm gonna get the piss pulled out of me over this... I was in the choir. The one on the balcony down the back with the pipe organ.

There was never a good way to frame that.
I'm talking about Popes Quay as well. The scout hall was the building to the left as you're facing the church.
I was St Vincent's then the Mon so you would've been the enemy in primary, Mon A v Mon B and all that.
Probably know your face from around if you're around the 50 mark.

The Dominicans were then, are now and shall always be top top people.

I always felt safe there.

And for those who pander platitudes to diversity and inclusivity... For me, they did it first.

Opened the church to any and every culture.

One Christmas I heard a Gospel choir there. Blew mind. I was 13. O'Murchu was a big loss to the place. Moved to Florida. Not sure if he is still alive. Loved the guy.

The Dominicans were then, are now and shall always be top top people.

I always felt safe there.

And for those who pander platitudes to diversity and inclusivity... For me, they did it first.

Opened the church to any and every culture.

One Christmas I heard a Gospel choir there. Blew mind. I was 13. O'Murchu was a big loss to the place. Moved to Florida. Not sure if he is still alive. Loved the guy.
Savage good vibe off St Mary's and anything Dominican related. Hard to explain it, there was just something about the people and the place.

I'm talking about Popes Quay as well. The scout hall was the building to the left as you're facing the church.
I was St Vincent's then the Mon so you would've been the enemy in primary, Mon A v Mon B and all that.
Probably know your face from around if you're around the 50 mark.

Yes, I was in that place to the left as well. The little stepped laneway that leads to Dominic Street... but only went there to practice with the choir... Keep the Church silent. (to let people pray)

Was never in the scouts... But Mon A v Mon B is ringing a bell. We are talking primary school yeah?... That's the timeframe I have here. We probably do know each other tbh.

What was that about again?

Yes, I was in that place to the left as well. The little stepped laneway that leads to Dominic Street... but only went there to practice with the choir... Keep the Church silent. (to let people pray)

Was never in the scouts... But Mon A v Mon B is ringing a bell. We are talking primary school yeah?... That's the timeframe I have here. We probably do know each other tbh.

What was that about again?
Mon A v Mon B was primary alright. Two separate schools (with separate principals etc) within one building. Aggro for the sake of it, a bit like War of the Buttons. Then you'd go home and half your buddies would be Mon A and the whole thing would be forgotten until the following morning. Bizarre stuff.

Mon A v Mon B was primary alright. Two separate schools (with separate principals etc) within one building. Aggro for the sake of it, a bit like War of the Buttons. Then you'd go home and half your buddies would be Mon A and the whole thing would be forgotten until the following morning. Bizarre stuff.

Ooooohh yes!

Sometimes Neptune Stadium car park kick off!

Or coming out of the Fair Hill exit there was a scratch patch down to the right.

Capacity wise it wasn't great.

The beours from St Vincent's across the way we're more interested in the Neptune venue. Christ, they screamed blood.

Now that I think of it, that Mon Primary school was built like an alien spaceship.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼