• Heldrad
  • Kevoca
  • Macedonius
  • Ramirus
  • Salomon
  • Nicephorus
  • Mochoemoc

They all look like bloke's names to me.

Feminizing them, Sabine could be acceptable.

Jungle, why? What? And from where?

Seriously, too much time.

I have a new nephew - Jack. Nice strong 'don't mess with me' kind of name.

i'm still waiting for a niece or a nephew..... could be in for a long wait..... :(

but yeah jungle who in thier right mind would call thier child by those names in this day and age?

sunbabe08 said:
i'm still waiting for a niece or a nephew..... could be in for a long wait..... :(

but yeah jungle who in thier right mind would call thier child by those names in this day and age?
I sense people didn't realise I was speaking tongue in cheek.

Although, I'd still say that Sabine is actually quite a nice name for a girl.

I like Sabine.

And I didn't know that you could only be baptised with a saint's name. What about Jordon? Is he a saint? God knows there are enough kids wandering around with this horror for a name.

D'oriel said:
And I didn't know that you could only be baptised with a saint's name. What about Jordon? Is he a saint? God knows there are enough kids wandering around with this horror for a name.

You can be known by any name, but it can't be your baptismal name. Unfortunately, Jordan is acceptable.

JORDAN of Pisa
Memorial
6 March
Joined the Dominicans at Pisa in 1280. Educated at University of Paris. Lector at Sainta Maria Novella church in Florence in 1305. Noted preacher in and around Florence. Founded the Confraternity of the Holy Redeemer at Pisa. Professor of theology at Saint James Friary, Paris in 1311. A visionary, Jordan had two great devotions - Our Lady and Saint Dominic.

Made a scientific study of the use of preaching as an apostolic tool. Considered a daring innovator for extending the use of vernacular Italian as a beautiful, musical language of evangelization, his use of Italian and Tuscan helped lead to the modern Italian language. Knew the breviary, missal, most of the Bible (with commentary), and the second part of the Summa Theologica by heart. Quick to state that learning alone can never make a preacher; it needed a holiness of life.
Born
c.1255 at Pisa, Italy
Died
19 August 1311 at Piacenza of natural causes while on his way to teach in Paris; relics venerated at the church of Saint Catalina at Pisa, Italy
Beatified
23 August 1833 (cultus confirmed) by Pope Gregory XVI; 1838 (beatification)
Prayers
God of holiness, by the integrity of his life and gentle manner you made Blessed Jordan a fitting minister to preach the gospel. By following his example may we generously strive to serve you through service to our neighbor and so gain the fruit of an everlasting reward. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. - General Calendar of the Order of Preachers

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼