Must.... Own....property....

Point being, Germany has much higher rental rates, cheaper rates and higher quality accomodation.
Their market is dominated by large companies, and other large institutions.
The type of owner isn't necessarily a primary determinant of the rental market, having huge numbers of small landlords is not inherently a good thing to be protected.

The point being The Irish State is the largest tenant in Ireland.

They're not providing the housing and private landlords make up the difference. Driving them out of the market will constrict rentalhousing supply and further drive up rents.

None of this is any surprise. They were told 4 years ago that tightly regulating the market whilst offering no tax relief would see a flood of landlords exiting the market. Lo and behold thats whats happened.

Abstract comparisons with Germany fall down when it is foreign vulture funds buying up new buy to let stock in Ireland.

FF/FG have destroyed the country👍
Again that goes to prove you have zero grasp on Economic facts.

Whats the story, you have gotten to a point in your miserable life now that you are still living in rental accommodation and you have achieved fuck all in life. The good old easy options in life you took did not turn out as you thought and now its all the Governments fault ????

Ah well

Keep believing the bull shit easy answers that the plebs in SF/ IRA are feeding you and you just wait until they are in Government and we will see how their easy answers turn out.

Whats the story, you have gotten to a point in your miserable life now that you are still living in rental accommodation and you have achieved fuck all in life. The good old easy options in life you took did not turn out as you thought and now its all the Governments fault ????

Ah well

Keep believing the bull shit easy answers that the plebs in SF/ IRA are feeding you and you just wait until they are in Government and we will see how their easy answers turn out.
Not renting thankfully.
Am happy. Clearly you're not. Such anger.
Aw yes, bullshit easy answers like "ending the scandal of people on trollies in hospitals" & "abolishing USC." No lies there from Leo and Enda😉.
FF got us into €64bn of debt.
Leo was right about comparing Mehole and the economy to Delaney and the FAI...yet he still went into coalition with him. Despite saying he wouldn't pre election. The economy was doing better before the last election than it is now yet Mehole said people wanted change.
Was he giving bullshit easy answers too?🤔.

Not renting thankfully.
Am happy. Clearly you're not. Such anger.
Aw yes, bullshit easy answers like "ending the scandal of people on trollies in hospitals" & "abolishing USC." No lies there from Leo and Enda😉.
FF got us into €64bn of debt.
Leo was right about comparing Mehole and the economy to Delaney and the FAI...yet he still went into coalition with him. Despite saying he wouldn't pre election. The economy was doing better before the last election than it is now yet Mehole said people wanted change.
Was he giving bullshit easy answers too?🤔.
I cannot imagine why you are constantly, on every thread and every comment you make, you are blaming the Government for everything

You must simply be a simple SF/IRA bot so, did you sign up.?

Imagine political parties and politicians doing as they do 😁.

Say what you want about FF or FG at least they or their followers have not being bombing people and terrorising from 1969 onwards.

Ah well

I rent. Does that mean I've achieved nothing? It's very hard for a single person to manage. Two working people have a much better chance.
It's not my fault I'm an ogre.

I cannot imagine why you are constantly, on every thread and every comment you make, you are blaming the Government for everything

Say what you want about FF or FG at least they or their followers have not being bombing people and terrorising from 1969 onwards.
"Have not 'being' bombing people."
Christ above.
No wonder you think FF/FG have done a good job. 🤦‍♂️

The point being The Irish State is the largest tenant in Ireland.

They're not providing the housing and private landlords make up the difference. Driving them out of the market will constrict rentalhousing supply and further drive up rents.

None of this is any surprise. They were told 4 years ago that tightly regulating the market whilst offering no tax relief would see a flood of landlords exiting the market. Lo and behold thats whats happened.

Abstract comparisons with Germany fall down when it is foreign vulture funds buying up new buy to let stock in Ireland.
How exactly are the "foreign vulture funds" worse than the individual private landlords?

Blaming the government for everything?
I'm blaming government policy and successive awful housing ministers for doing an atrocious job. Darragh O was scathing of Eoghan Murphy when he was in opposition. We have 11,000 homeless.
It's called holding the government to account. Keep burying your head in the sand.

Blaming the government for everything?
I'm blaming government policy and successive awful housing ministers for doing an atrocious job. Darragh O was scathing of Eoghan Murphy when he was in opposition. We have 11,000 homeless.
It's called holding the government to account. Keep burying your head in the sand.
Are you aware that most European countries have the exact same issues ?

I suppose that is FF/ FG' s fault as well 🙄

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼