Munstershire v Sifrica

Anybody who objects to events like this need to take their heads out of the sand, These events go a long way to paying off the debt,
People will always have issues with getting back tot he city centre, I cant understand why there isnt a fleet of buses from the park n ride on kinsale rd,
Who is objecting?
You can't play a proper professional URC game without a screen, that was supposed to have been there when it was originally built.
You shouldn't be playing any intercounty match in Cork without Hawkeye - that was supposed to have been there when it was originally built.
You do need proper lighting outside the stadium for people leaving and walking around at night - that was supposed to have been there when it was originally built.

Páirc Uí Chaoimh had more people in it last night than for any match involving Cork for a long time. That is something that is most definitely a pity.

Who is objecting?
You can't play a proper professional URC game without a screen, that was supposed to have been there when it was originally built.
You shouldn't be playing any intercounty match in Cork without Hawkeye - that was supposed to have been there when it was originally built.
You do need proper lighting outside the stadium for people leaving and walking around at night - that was supposed to have been there when it was originally built.

Páirc Uí Chaoimh had more people in it last night than for any match involving Cork for a long time. That is something that is most definitely a pity.
It is fantastic.

A huge State funded investment being used in the winter and enjoyed by the people.

Good for Cork, good for the County board, Munster Rugby, hotels and hospitality etc.

The stadium has to pay its way, badly designed in parts and not finished to best international standards but that can be remedied.

It is fantastic.

A huge State funded investment being used in the winter and enjoyed by the people.

Good for Cork, good for the County board, Munster Rugby, hotels and hospitality etc.

The stadium has to pay its way, badly designed in parts and not finished to best international standards but that can be remedied.
The comment was about the lack of success and generally increasing apathy towards the Cork hurling and football teams.
That's the pity.

The comment was about the lack of success and generally increasing apathy towards the Cork hurling and football teams.
That's the pity.
I and a lot of people gave up on the footballers years ago (an awful game and spectacle that should just go full U.F.C.?) but hurling is getting there.

Either way the stadium is utilising its potential in the 2nd city.

What a time to be alive
In 10 years, I'll be telling the tale about how I and 100,000 other binmen watched the mighty munstershire put the world champions to the sword.

Can't wait tbh

iu

Really enjoyable experience. It was my first time in the new Pairc and if I'm being honest I was very critical of the plans when it was being built but being it there last night it still has the vibe of the old Pairc but in a nice new shiny suit. Is it the greatest stadium? Absolutely not but it is our stadium and one we can be proud of.

My only complaint is from the Blackrock end the "big" screen isn't particularly big. Even a second screen of the same size at the other end would suffice but anyway great atmosphere, great game, hopefully we get that Euro knock out or Leinster game.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼