Motorsport 2021

Golf
Boxing
Tennis
Horse Racing
Football
Snooker
Wrestling

Saudi sport washing is accepted now apparently if you don't like the sport concerned eh?
It's the same for all of them. A lot of the sports you mentioned at least the players have a choice of not attending. I remember McIlroy turning down a 2.5mill payday to turn up a Saudi golf tournament. I like F1 but to hear all the drivers and ads of sustainability, equality and black lives matter it makes them look like a joke.

The most controversial race I have seen since Jerez '97. This may take a good while to sort out. Max heading to the stewards' room in about 15 minutes.

It's the same for all of them. A lot of the sports you mentioned at least the players have a choice of not attending. I remember McIlroy turning down a 2.5mill payday to turn up a Saudi golf tournament. I like F1 but to hear all the drivers and ads of sustainability, equality and black lives matter it makes them look like a joke.
Not many wealthy people going to turn down paydays are they? Captialism doesn't give two shits about human rights, and the Saudis and the Chinese know this and have known it for some time.

The difference between F1 drivers, soccer players and the rest in Thready's list is that they are in teams and have others dependent on their performances. So it's not that simple to say "oh sure just don't turn up, that'll show them". It might, it might not.

Well done Hamilton, you showed up the Brit haters.
I can't speak for everyone else on here, but I've been a fan of Hamilton's since 2006 when he first rocketed onto the scene in GP2. Yet I think that, on balance, Max deserves to win this year's championship. However, it is to Hamilton's credit that he's not giving up his crown without an almighty scrap. I've loved every second of this year's championship.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼