Motorsport 2021

The gulf of deference between redbull/mercedes to everyone else is clear to be seen today. Its a two team boring championship with team orders in play. Its getting worse than the wrc who are trying to there act together after the past 15 years of a one sided competition.

It will be a lot more even next season with the new rules.

Its farcical to have fellas start at the back and be leading two thirds of the way through the race

In fairness, it's not Red Bull's or Mercedes' fault if Ferrari couldn't get their act together. McLaren are getting there slowly too. If I were Ferrari management I'd be embarrassed at getting their asses whipped on a yearly basis since Vettel left. It's a throwback to the days before Jean Todt arrived.

There is a conundrum at play here also - overtaking needs to be made easier to do, but when you have a car with such an advantage in a straight line as Merc did this weekend, then having the DRS makes it a laugh getting past other cars. Hamilton is a great driver and he has shown it on multiple occasions this year, but today and yesterday were mostly about the car - he just needed to get it into the right places and it would do the rest. I don't think there is any need for a solution despite the whingefest that will inevitably crop up.

Next weekend in Qatar will be like Hungary - it's a MotoGP track where even they find overtaking hard so Christ knows what 2 metre wide cars on the circuit will be like.

I haven't enjoyed a championship battle like this in years (maybe 2012 or 2010), and the spite between the two teams is delicious. We want rivalries, that's what the sport was built upon. Let them drive each other off the track if they want to - they'll pay the consequences eventually.

The decision was made on the day.

Its true enough for Horner that you can't be appealing every single decision.

Mercedes got away with it at Silverstone and again in Hungary.
It is true, but this is the same Horner bleating about Merc's rear wing again today.

Every inch is going to be fought over in Arabia over the next month, on and off-track, and it could get very spicy. *Rubs hands*

Max given a 5 place penalty for ignoring yellow flags during qualifying. Bottas given a 3 place penalty.

Lewis on pole followed by Gasly and Alonso. Bottas 6th and Max 7th

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼