Most Dislikable Football Pundits

I think the better players shouldn't become pundits as it sort of came natural to them.
It's probably difficult for them to explain why they did what they did in certain situations. They didn't even think about it.

The likes of Nicky Butt or John O'Shea would probably be better pundits than any of the current crop as they had to learn their game and work at it continually.

Imnsvho!
I heard John Giles make that point one night on the radio. Said when he tried to discuss the game with some of his team mates, it was obvious they couldn't grasp it or explain why they did what they did. They just played.

On the other hand he'd have conversations with players from the lower leagues and they'd have a deep understanding of the game.

I heard John Giles make that point one night on the radio. Said when he tried to discuss the game with some of his team mates, it was obvious they couldn't grasp it or explain why they did what they did. They just played.

On the other hand he'd have conversations with players from the lower leagues and they'd have a deep understanding of the game.
Forget it DT, there's no way your face will fit for punditry. That ship has well and truly sailed.

To be fair it’s not easy. Tried my hand at podcasting a few years ago with a buddy of mine and completely underestimated how difficult it would be.

In my playing days, i found the more instruction i got then the far worse i did. Was playing right back for a few months alongside a mouthy CB who would try to call literally every little thing to the point where you were initially concentrating more on trying to figure out what he was saying rather than actually playing the ball.
The worst thing is that what he was saying was common sense and what i would do anyways.

Anyways i guess i point is that for some lads (like me) the game needs to be kept simple. I do miss getting roared at on a sunday morning in the pissing rain.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

95b (NC) [Phantoscope]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:15pm

More events ▼