Monkey pox - it’s coming

Great time to watch the Planet of the Ape movies I especially like how instead of a nuclear winter that caused man to revert to a more primitive form you had a supervirus that killed off Man.

Indeed which has to pose a question

If this disease originated in Monkeys and if it is in gay men mostly

Does that mean so in order for it to cross species originally that either a gay guy had his way with a monkey or did a monkey have his way with a gay human 🤔.
Not quite.

It comes from the same family as smallpox (which monkeys can also carry). Monkeypox is mostly in the DRC still to this day; they somewhat managed to eliminate smallpox however. This isn't a new virus by any stretch (first found in the 70s).

Picking up an infected monkey or killing monkey and preparing the meat for eating / changing their bedding with cuts on your hands etc would get you infected. (It was first found in colonies of lab monkeys). Also not ruled out, that it may happen like human=>human via respiratory system. DRC and neighbours are not swimming in $ for proper hygiene standards.
-->> Bushmeat is primarily where alot of these animal => human are happening. I'd bet alot of money, this is where Covid came from.

All this talk about it targeting homosexuals is absolute nonsense. It transmits primarily much like Covid does: through your respiratory system. Or if you lie on infected bedding / body fluids.
==>>The onset is pretty quick from infection (<3 days to lesions); so do ask anyone who you may plan to hook up with if they feel feverish (happens within 24 hrs).

Last edited:
Not quite.

It comes from the same family as smallpox (which monkeys can also carry). Monkeypox is mostly in the DRC still to this day; they somewhat managed to eliminate smallpox however. This isn't a new virus by any stretch (first found in the 70s).

Picking up an infected monkey or killing monkey and preparing the meat for eating / changing their bedding with cuts on your hands etc would get you infected. (It was first found in colonies of lab monkeys). Also not ruled out, that it may happen like human=>human via respiratory system. DRC and neighbours are not swimming in $ for proper hygiene standards.
-->> Bushmeat is primarily where alot of these animal => human are happening. I'd bet alot of money, this is where Covid came from.

All this talk about it targeting homosexuals is absolute nonsense. It transmits primarily much like Covid does: through your respiratory system. Or if you lie on infected bedding / body fluids.
==>>The onset is pretty quick from infection (<3 days to lesions); so do ask anyone who you may plan to hook up with if they feel feverish (happens within 24 hrs).
I hate when some people say one of the signs of a disease is fever because fever can literal be so many things it does not have to be a supervirus.

I hate when some people say one of the signs of a disease is fever because fever can literal be so many things it does not have to be a supervirus.
A fever is generally never a good sign for a human. Your immune system is actively fighting something. If you have one; it's common sense to first wait and see what comes next and not be out trying to Netflix and chill with someone.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Randy Feltface
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Fireside Folk

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼