Minor Hurling 2022

That was fairly infuriating. We must have lost at least two thirds of any breaking ball again tonight. Rucks again we were massively beaten.

The young lads gave it their all but this is a dark, dark week for Cork hurling. Wides cost us dearly tonight as well as stupid decisions from defenders, forwards and goalkeeper shooting from distance. We must have had at least 20 wides.

You sow what you Reap. When you hear of players not being left play for their schools this is what happens. You won’t see this in any other county. Clare school won the harty this year and you can see this clearly tonight .

This is also the first Cork team that didn’t part take in the Tony Forristel . Oh we are Cork we do things differently now . Players need to be competing at this U14 age to gauge what they will be up against . Again the only other county doing this and you can see these players haven’t the experience needed to get over the line.
I might be wrong but I don't think this Clare team entered the Tony Forristal either. Fully agree with paragraph 1 though

Another week another kick in the gut. Our full forward line were held and we were reduced to a lot of long range shooting which is always a lottery.

Had enough chances to win 2 matches in the first half. We seem to be very casual on the ball at times. Dispossessed and blocked down a lot. Too much looking for the perfect pass and little direct hurling maybe?

You sow what you reap. When you hear of players not being left play for their schools this is what happens. You won’t see this in any other county. Clare school won the harty this year and you can see this clearly tonight .

This is also the first Cork team that didn’t take part in the Tony Forristel . Oh we are Cork we do things differently now . Players need to be competing at this U14 age to gauge what they will be up against . Again the only other county doing this and you can see these players haven’t the experience needed to get over the line.
Clare didn't play forristal either

Can’t remember the last time I felt so low about Cork GAA as a whole, just one punch in the gut after another.

This one is particularly disappointing as the game was there and they shot it away almost, the inability to win rucks at all levels is genuinely astounding at this point.

Roll on Saturday evening I guess…

Our S... season continues 21 Wides these young lads will be very disappointed with that awfull stat ....but there will be better days ahead for a number of these young players ....

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Off Beats

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼