MENSTRUAL LEAVE,

Obviously this is classic tabloid fodder. However when reading it in detail it becomes clear that this proposal is yet to be enacted.

In my opinion allocating time off specifically related to gender related issues could lead to discrimination. I’m familiar with many instances where women haven’t been called to interview on the basis that maternity leave will become an issue. I’m unsure if it is necessary to legislate for something that can be handled under current employment law. Anyway, that’s just my humble opinion.

Obviously this is classic tabloid fodder. However when reading it in detail it becomes clear that this proposal is yet to be enacted.

In my opinion allocating time off specifically related to gender related issues could lead to discrimination. I’m familiar with many instances where women haven’t been called to interview on the basis that maternity leave will become an issue. I’m unsure if it is necessary to legislate for something that can be handled under current employment law. Anyway, that’s just my humble opinion.

How?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:15pm

More events ▼