Members who use phrases like mate or M8 are West Brits

I notice on the proc forum that a lot of contributers use the word mate or "m8".
If they were really cork langers surely they would refrain from this out of embarresment. In the 50s lads who spoke like this were called dagenham yanks. Why cant they use more coloquiel phrases like "boy" or "lad".

I notice on the proc forum that a lot of contributers use the word mate or "m8".
If they were really cork langers surely they would refrain from this out of embarresment. In the 50s lads who spoke like this were called dagenham yanks. Why cant they use more coloquiel phrases like "boy" or "lad".

Dry your eyes M8

Pwopah nawtee third post m8

"boy" is a racial slur in the southern U.S. and "lad" could refer to your appendage

In the 50's people said things like "cool cat"and "daddyo" etc

U ok hun?

I always suspected Smaugy was a Brit....he harps on about his Brit neighbour and that he would like to kill him.....

now I know why..... lol...its a small community and 2 Brits is one Brit too many :)

Smaugy is the only Brit in the village :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FktZXY3uhWY

Don't let it rattle you m8.

I agree.

This is the M8 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M8_motorway_(Ireland)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼