Marina Market to go BANG?

Im sure someone else will get something similar up and running, the chancers in the Marina market did so ballsy without any permission from anyone...
Great idea for a business just wrong location.

Have a look at the DSG submission to the Council re the safety issues and it is pretty damning.

Boats being unloaded with kids nearby, the dock full of cars and blocking the operations, a family sitting on the quayside having a munch under a crane.

There is an ongoing dispute on the title of the site and the usual shenanigans that Tom is notorious for

"Mr Coughlan stood as a candidate for the Progressive Candidates in the 1997 local election, but failed to win a seat.

He acquired Cork City football club in 2008 out of examinership after it had faced financial difficulties. However, just a year later, Mr Coughlan who was also the club’s chairman, was banned by the FAI for 12 months and fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

He was also restricted from acting as a director for five years in 2011, in a decision related to the football club."

Progressive Candidates :ROFLMAO:

Funny that someone restricted from acting as a director, and banned by the FAI !!!! and fined "for bringing the game into disrepute"!!!!

But according to some here he saved Cork City :cool:

"Mr Coughlan stood as a candidate for the Progressive Candidates in the 1997 local election, but failed to win a seat.

He acquired Cork City football club in 2008 out of examinership after it had faced financial difficulties. However, just a year later, Mr Coughlan who was also the club’s chairman, was banned by the FAI for 12 months and fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

He was also restricted from acting as a director for five years in 2011, in a decision related to the football club."

Progressive Candidates :ROFLMAO:

Funny that someone restricted from acting as a director, and banned by the FAI !!!! and fined "for bringing the game into disrepute"!!!!

But according to some here he saved Cork City :cool:
Never heard the phrase 'tongue in cheek'

John Delaney even claimed he wasn't a fit and proper person...

I have looked at the planning file .
The submission from Doyle Group is relevant. An accident waiting to happen on the quays if the quays are being used for access to the site.
I am surprised that the HSA did not mention anything about this.

There is data on the sewer system but no indication where the present waste water is going ?
I remember when I was working in Dublin 40 years ago doing deliveries I used to use a public toilet on the quays. There was a sign on the Jax door saying. Pull this chain and in a jiffy your s.....t will be floating in the Liffey.
I looked over the quay wall and there I could see mine.
I hope this is not the case now..

A petition is now up on line looking for support to keep the market open.
A kind of mob rule. Do they want a planning authority to vet applications and make decisions whether to allow planning or not.
They want decisions made by the number of petitions received ?

6OHamoz.png

Dowcha Sage_y boy :ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Whole Lotta Zepp

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼