Lottery/Euromillions

Also, if you married a male friend to avoid Capital Acquisitions Tax, then something tragic happened and he died, you'd get 240 euro a week Survivor's pension for the rest of your life.

Lottery is a license to dream

Billix off with this "tax on the stupid" stuff

Who am I to argue with Voltaire, the man who’s reputed to have come up with that quote.

You could say one man’s dreamer is another man’s waster.

Fair point through, it’s your money, and it’s down to you and Ocides how you choose to spend it.

Heard of this old English civil servant, who was gay, married some young fella in Turkey, your man died not long after, and the young fella is getting his civil service pension for the rest of his life lol.

I can't believe you recommended to him to get all his family to sign the ticket, talk about idiotic.
Why you should sign your family's name on the ticket
If you sign your family's name on the back of a ticket that means they will receive their winnings tax-free. However, the National Lottery says it does not provide professional financial advice directly to winners but recommends that they seek appropriate and independent advice.’

Wot, Thready said not to. 😂😂😂😂😂

Why you should sign your family's name on the ticket
If you sign your family's name on the back of a ticket that means they will receive their winnings tax-free. However, the National Lottery says it does not provide professional financial advice directly to winners but recommends that they seek appropriate and independent advice.’

Wot, Thready said not to. 😂😂😂😂😂
Here is the trick

You win 215 million tonight - you won't cos I'm winning it - but for the purposes of this conversation.
Let's say 5 of you sign it - the max you are entitled to is 43 million. You can't say ah hang on I bought the ticket - if 5 sign it, 5 split it tax free.
If you sign it, you get 215 million tax free. You can gift your other 4 family members as much or as little as you like and they will have to pay gift tax on it. So your options on the ticket you bought are either 215 and do what you want or 43 and everyone gets tax free. And I am not talking about "sure isn't 43 enough for ya" - I am talking about why Thready in this instance in all fairness to him is bang on.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼