Lockdown Hobbies!!

So, now that we're starting to see an end in sight, what's been your secret weapon to get you through lockdown?

I've thrown myself into guitar - self taught, playing 25+ years - started taking lessons via skype and doing music theory lessons myself online.
Have been working from home the whole time, and I've rarely been without a guitar in my hand - like a fidget spinner running through scales, solos etc while researching for work - and boy is it paying off!! Have nailed a few songs that I could never see myself playing.

Best of all, it's most definitely saved me from losing my absolute shit during the period - idle minds n all that.

MrMr

So, now that we're starting to see an end in sight, what's been your secret weapon to get you through lockdown?

I've thrown myself into guitar - self taught, playing 25+ years - started taking lessons via skype and doing music theory lessons myself online.
Have been working from home the whole time, and I've rarely been without a guitar in my hand - like a fidget spinner running through scales, solos etc while researching for work - and boy is it paying off!! Have nailed a few songs that I could never see myself playing.

Best of all, it's most definitely saved me from losing my absolute shit during the period - idle minds n all that.

My tools (drill specifically). The amount of stuff I got through so far has been something else, will be starting attic conversion during the week.

My garden shed has locked itself from the inside it's so sick of me :(

My tools have kept me sane.

I'd love to learn to play the guitar btw.

MrMr

My garden shed has locked itself from the inside it's so sick of me :(

My tools have kept me sane.

I'd love to learn to play the guitar btw.

Speaking of sheds. By any chance do you know of anywhere online I can buy a turnbuckle kit to help with the sagging shed door?

I've been looking for kit specifically but can't really find one at a reasonable price, might just end up going to Screwfix and buy what I need individually.

MerchantOfEnnis

Great to hear mate. I've done something similar - I'm self taught and consider myself a good player, but I've always been guilty of skimming over things and not putting in the effort that I could.

These last few months have seen me take the time and effort to work on different elements of my playing, and I can really feel and hear the change. The one thing missing is my tone, which I really need someone to come along and help me with, because I'm never going to get there myself.

Speaking of sheds. By any chance do you know of anywhere online I can buy a turnbuckle kit to help with the sagging shed door?

I've been looking for kit specifically but can't really find one at a reasonable price, might just end up going to Screwfix and buy what I need individually.

Woodies would be a good bet or you could order on ebay where the prices seem to be ok. I've ordered similar on ebay in the past and it was of good quality.

Great to hear mate. I've done something similar - I'm self taught and consider myself a good player, but I've always been guilty of skimming over things and not putting in the effort that I could.

These last few months have seen me take the time and effort to work on different elements of my playing, and I can really feel and hear the change. The one thing missing is my tone, which I really need someone to come along and help me with, because I'm never going to get there myself.

Oh the never-ending quest for "the" tone. I'm on that myself at the moment - gear coming and going at a rate of knots!!!! Spending far more than a player of my standard should

Sur when all this shit dies down - let's get together for a jam - run the eyes/ears over each others setup - it sounds like we're in a similar place wrt our playing!

And to MrMr, Ponti - Diy - sick of it, whole house painted (bar 1 more room), garden dug and wildflower garden planted here as well - looking well, but I won't be sorry to see the end of it.
Flowers are starting to blossom now though, so we should be seeing plenty color over the next few weeks - it's lovely to sit out and watch the visiting birds as well.

MrMr

And to MrMr, Ponti - Diy - sick of it, whole house painted (bar 1 more room), garden dug and wildflower garden planted here as well - looking well, but I won't be sorry to see the end of it.
Flowers are starting to blossom now though, so we should be seeing plenty color over the next few weeks - it's lovely to sit out and watch the visiting birds as well.

I hear ya, I've all the general maintenance bits done, and other bits that I had on the long finger, the only thing that's annoying me is the shed door sagging, but i'll get around to it. Waiting to start the attic next.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Joshua Burnside
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

6th Apr 2023 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

View more events ▼