Live at the Marquee 24

the marquee is an appalling venue.. brought the wife to riverdance 2 weeks ago , it was freezing and wet. rain pouring in through the tent.. ts okay on a good summers day and probably alright for young people.. i see lots of gigs there, glad to have the opportunity to see the artists in my home town but would love a better venue.. cyprus avenue is incredible but limited to around a thousand souls... i always got the impression at marquee gigs that a lot of people were just there to be seen or they had gotten free tickets somehow. i remember dylan gig and he doing " like a rolling stone" ,i was up the front, i said to myself it doesnt get much better than this, the guy to my left got up a went away? he was back just as rolling stone( probably the greatest song of all time) finished. he had gone for another pint. incredible , i thought what the fuck was he doing there.

@Browser Brody era it is what it is - not gonna change now... if you don't like it, don't go..
(i've no tolerance for idle negativity these days)
write a letter to AKEN if you think it will make you feel better...
I generally don't go. That was my first time down there in over 10 years. And I did enjoy it to a point. It's fair enough to point out the sound is shit in a thread about a venue, especially when a tickets cost around 70 quid.

At the risk of being even more negative. If anyone is heading down there, I would recommend avoiding the Guinness. The next day was a complete write off for me.

the marquee is an appalling venue.. brought the wife to riverdance 2 weeks ago , it was freezing and wet. rain pouring in through the tent.. ts okay on a good summers day and probably alright for young people.. i see lots of gigs there, glad to have the opportunity to see the artists in my home town but would love a better venue.. cyprus avenue is incredible but limited to around a thousand souls... i always got the impression at marquee gigs that a lot of people were just there to be seen or they had gotten free tickets somehow. i remember dylan gig and he doing " like a rolling stone" ,i was up the front, i said to myself it doesnt get much better than this, the guy to my left got up a went away? he was back just as rolling stone( probably the greatest song of all time) finished. he had gone for another pint. incredible , i thought what the fuck was he doing there.
I know what you mean. Went to The Frames, who wouldn't be as famous and it was all people walking in and out getting drinks and only about 3 lines up the front actually interested in the music. I don't drink that much at these things cos you miss songs then it's peeing all the time. And I hate people with the phones as well. Pointless behaviour

When I went to see Eddie Vedder there there was a drunk young fella in front of me who announced "well if he's not the lead singer from Nirvana then who the fuck is he...." and went wandering off.

For FUCK sake like!!!!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Longest Johns

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼