Linx tablet

I think I'm going to buy this.

Any major 'AHHH, NO!' shout outs?

Yes, it runs on windows 8, and yes, that's a bit of a shit.

However, this is mainly for Surfing the Cyber Super Highway, along with tv and movie watching while travelling.

At home I have a MacBook and overseas I'm usually on my work laptop.

So, given the only basics I need, this is a grand choice, right? No point shelling out

I've messed around with one, and despite not being a fan of windows 8, it's grand for the mediocre activities I need.

For reference, I'm talking about this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linx-Tablet-Z3735F-storage-Windows/dp/B00O636WPY

Looks very good. Solid specs and decent price. Reviews very positive.

Would consider getting one myself, tbh.

Only real quibble it seems is the fact that it has a dedicated non-usb power cable. If u lose it or break it then it might be more difficult to replace.

OK I need some seriously basic shit so i can get my iPad back off the kids who only use it to watch peppa pig etc on you tube anyway - any suggestions?

Something basic but simple like an iPad without the price tag would be great, simple and straightforward to use essential - 3 and 1.5 year olds!

D'O, they've gotten good reviews, if Win 8 is what you want, there's little out there better value.

HHM, the Tesco Hudl 2 8.3 inch should do the business nicely

Make sure it will get the Win 10 update when it comes out in the next couple of months.
It's streets ahead of Win 8.

For sure.

And it's not likely I'll be doing much else than watching tv shows while travelling. So I'll have little interaction with the OS!

Right, lads.

Going to get it.

OK I need some seriously basic shit so i can get my iPad back off the kids who only use it to watch peppa pig etc on you tube anyway - any suggestions?

Something basic but simple like an iPad without the price tag would be great, simple and straightforward to use essential - 3 and 1.5 year olds!

Wander into Sam Mcauleys and Xtravision

They always have 70 euro to 150 euro android tablets that are alright like .

Alternatively the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" is about 150 in Soundstore

Problem.

It doesn't read my external hard drive. I'd probably have to get a USB hub.

Which is a bit of a shit considering all I want to do is to transfer some tv files which was the whole point of the damned thing.

Bollox.

Problem.

It doesn't read my external hard drive. I'd probably have to get a USB hub.

Which is a bit of a shit considering all I want to do is to transfer some tv files which was the whole point of the damned thing.

Bollox.

14tc5tk.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Andy Dunne

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼