Laptop CD Burner Issue

Roxetten

My laptop is old but has windows 10 and it's running fine but any time I try to burn a music cd it won't play in my car stereo or any other stereo for that matter.

It has burned a fair few music cds in it's time.

I wonder is there any fix?

My laptop is old but has windows 10 and it's running fine but any time I try to burn a music cd it won't play in my car stereo or any other stereo for that matter.

It has burned a fair few music cds in it's time.

I wonder is there any fix?

What's the original format of the files you're burning?

Will it play on your laptop?

If so, then it's probably just copying mp3 to mp3 and your stereos do not have the capability to play mp3. You need to change the output format of the files you're burning.

If they won't play on your laptop, it could either be dud blank cds (I've encountered them before) or the CD drive itself is goosed.

What's the original format of the files you're burning?

Will it play on your laptop?

If so, then it's probably just copying mp3 to mp3 and your stereos do not have the capability to play mp3. You need to change the output format of the files you're burning.

If they won't play on your laptop, it could either be dud blank cds (I've encountered them before) or the CD drive itself is goosed.

Ok, I burn the CDs same as always, as music CDs with Windows media player and they are all mp3 files to begin with, the finished cds won't play on any cd player, I've been tried burning at a slower speed.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

2nd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼