Laochra Gael on TG4

Has done so much for his club. Prior to Noelie and a crop around his age coming through KnM were bottom of the barrell in Mid Cork Junior Football. Within a few years they won 2 mid cork championships in a row loosing to Carbery Rangers in a County final but going up intermediatte due to restructuring of the championships. Since then KnM have gone from strength to strength producing many Cork players after him Sean Kelleher minor Richard Hoare U21 mike desmond Dano Dineen andnTadgh Corkery..he paved the way for these lads and what a servent. From the pits of Mid Cork football to a consitant Division 1 league team in Cork over the past number of years.

I was delighted to see Ger Healy get on the show last night. Those who dont know Ger Healy he is the main driving fource behind KnM. Principle in the local primary school and involved with every team in some way from.U8 to Intemediatte and he brings everone along from the weakest to the strongest which is so important in a rural club with small numbers.

What a great show that was about a legend of a footballer and man! There was no airs or graces with him, what you saw was what you got - total commitment.

I agree it was odd that Galvin his main nemesis wasn't interviewed, he's a gaeilgeoir too. Or Tomás O'Sé. Maybe they didn't want to go that route. Still a good watch though.

What a great show that was about a legend of a footballer and man! There was no airs or graces with him, what you saw was what you got - total commitment.

I agree it was odd that Galvin his main nemesis wasn't interviewed, he's a gaeilgeoir too. Or Tomás O'Sé. Maybe they didn't want to go that route. Still a good watch though.
I get the sense that those Cork and Kerry teams genuinely did not like each other, off the pitch as well as on. I would have thought though that Kieran O’Connor’s untimely passing would have healed whatever wounds were there. Maybe they are taking the show in a different direction.

Have to say though, it’s going now for over 20 years and what a show it still is. TG4 are truly top class when it comes to documentaries.

Could be budget related. Probably operating on a shoestring and linking up with Galvin might've meant having a second day of shooting. Would've been great to have him on alright.

Ah there was a definite edge there back then. How could there NOT be with the 2 meeting so often, the fiery characters involved both on and off the field. I do think however that there's largely no lasting bitterness. Noelie was on the Tomás O'Sé podcast during lockdown and was hysterical. Well worth a listen. Talked about going into the fashion business with Galvin :ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Longest Johns

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼