Lance and Sheryl - worlds most famous cancer survivors?

Crow Undergoes Surgery for Breast Cancer
Sheryl Crow arrives for the 48th Annual Grammy Awards, Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2006, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Crow underwent surgery for breast cancer earlier this week and the prognosis for a full recovery is excellent, the singer's publicist, Dave Tomberlin, reported Friday, Feb. CHRIS CARLSON
By PETER PRENGAMAN (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
February 25, 2006 12:06 AM EST

LOS ANGELES - Sheryl Crow underwent surgery for breast cancer earlier this week and the prognosis for a full recovery is excellent, the singer's publicist reported Friday.

Crow had the surgery in Los Angeles on Wednesday and is recovering without complications, said Dave Tomberlin, her publicist.

In a statement posted on her Web site, Crow called the surgery "minimally invasive" and said she will be undergoing radiation treatment as a precaution. She said she benefited from early detection, and urged other women to have themselves checked.

"I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends," the 44-year-old performer said.

Crow's former fiance, cycling champion Lance Armstrong, said in a statement released Friday night that he was devastated by her illness.

"Once again I'm reminded of just how pervasive this illness is, as it has now touched someone I love deeply," said Armstrong, who is a survivor of testicular cancer.

Crow and Armstrong, 34, announced earlier this month they were splitting up. It would have been the Grammy-winning rock star's first marriage and the second for Armstrong, a seven-time Tour de France cycling champion.

Crow has said her most recent album, the Grammy-nominated "Wildflower," was inspired by their relationship.

"Based on my contact in recent days with Sheryl, her doctor and her family, I am confident that she will have a full and complete recovery and the world will be a better place for it," said Armstrong, who asked that Crow's fans keep her "in your thoughts and prayers."

Crow said she would have to postpone a North American concert tour scheduled to begin in March. She said she hoped to reschedule the dates as soon as possible.

"More than 10 million Americans are living with cancer, and they demonstrate the ever-increasing possibility of living beyond cancer," Crow said in her statement.

The singer-songwriter and guitarist was raised in the small town of Kennett, Mo., where she sang in the local choir. A nine-time Grammy winner, she is best known for such hit songs as "Soak Up the Sun" and "All I Want to Do."

After work as a music teacher and backup singer, including a stint with Michael Jackson, she broke through with the 1993 multi-platinum recording "Tuesday Night Music Club."

---

i'll have to send her a get well card....might have a chance with her.....HEU CHERYL...I HAVE A BIKE TOO....WATCH ME RIDE IT WITH NO HANDS

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼