Kindle Fire v Some other tablet

Howdy.

Been tempted to get a bog standard Kindle reader for some time but have been thinking it just makes more sense to go for a Kindle Fire. Sure, you lose the benefit with the basic reader of being able to make it out well in sunlight but just seems to make sense.

However, as I'd be going down the tablet route, would it not make sense to shop around for something better? I'm not overly familiar with the market, have had zero interest in tablets before now, I know from when I was working for Amazon a few years back the Fires were pretty good value.

Really, I don't see myself doing a whole lot other than reading - be in on a web browser, from newspaper/magazine subscriptions, or from my Kindle library - so what say you folk of the PROC about this?

Cheers.

I have a Kindle fire for the last few Years and I love it. As you pointed out nearly impossible to read in sunlight. I find browsing quick.
As for the kindle library,nearly every book you need is on the torrents sites.
The big drawback is it has no micro hdmi slot so unless you can cast onto tv it is useless for watching anything on a big screen.Also no way of adding SD card.
If you just to read buy the Kindle reader.

I had a kindle reader and the display failed on it and its replacement after a few months
Got a Nexus and no problems, just as good for e books
I use bookzz.org to download free books and adiko reader free app

I'd say go for the Kindle Fire 7 inch screen. My dad has it and it's great. Has a microSD card slot up to 128gb. Screen resolution is ok, but for £49, can't go wrong. Battery life is brilliant on it too.

I'd say go for the Kindle Fire 7 inch screen. My dad has it and it's great. Has a microSD card slot up to 128gb. Screen resolution is ok, but for £49, can't go wrong. Battery life is brilliant on it too.
The new version has a sd slot?n that case buy it the £49 is a steal. How often would you be reading in sunlight:)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼