kileens anti social housing protests

Is your point that it's Mick Nugent's fault in particular that successive FFG governments have overseen an absolute sh*tshow when it comes to housing. No need to hear from local FFG TDs or councillors one way or the other. :rolleyes:

Seriously jimmy, even the usual FFG shills like Stacey and Otto must be embarrassed for you on this.
The housing disaster is down to FG and FF, But can you not see the hypocrisy of CLLRS siding with residents who are objecting to
social housing? In all of the pledges that social housing will be built on a massive scale there is never a mention of existing residents concerns,
Yes i know it is politics are as Rabbite said...ah its what you say in an election campaign,

You are missing the point, Mick Nugent in particular is regularly on radio calling for more social housing, And quoting OBroins pledge
to build social housing on a scale not seen since the 1950s,
He is just stupid.

In the 1950's building standards were practically non-existent and planning permission was not even required. T.D.'s etc could not object for votes.

Houses were of a low build quality.

We also did not have the huge social welfare, health and education budgets at the time.

We have huge shortages in trades and engineers etc never mind slow moving and wasteful state and semi-state agencies like Irish Water, Bus Eireann, ESB, NRA etc not even providing the utilities, sewage services, transport or roads etc. Public servants sitting on their arses all day on the INTERNET.

I have no idea who Moan O'Broin expects to build all these new homes but then neither does he.

The housing disaster is down to FG and FF, But can you not see the hypocrisy of CLLRS siding with residents who are objecting to
social housing? In all of the pledges that social housing will be built on a massive scale there is never a mention of existing residents concerns,
Yes i know it is politics are as Rabbite said...ah its what you say in an election campaign,
People in houses objecting to other human beings putting a roof over their heads.

Politicians on the media all day every day going on about a "Housing crisis" (Boy, can they describe the problem and blame the Govt, builders, developers etc) while taking the objectors "concerns" on board for votes and ideological reasons.

No solution is EVER good enough and we will all as a society pay a huge price.

Hardly that funny, I never noticed either Burke or POS making absolute tits of themselves in the media like Tommy Halloween Gould or Mick public ownership Barry.
If they had brain between them , it would hilarious.

Do you not know the difference between how opposition politicians and those in government works.

And to be honest, I'd rather a genuine if limited guy working on my behalf, rather than have a sneaky pr*ck pretend he's working for me and actually working against me.

Where do we want them,not around here. The SF motto.

Blueballs I've already cited the case of how probably the most prominent SF councillor in the city lost his office because he voted against the wishes of the residents to ensure housing was built. Damned if they do, damned if they don't in the eyes of the usual Shills who "honestly don't care who wins the next election"

He is just stupid.

In the 1950's building standards were practically non-existent and planning permission was not even required. T.D.'s etc could not object for votes.

Houses were of a low build quality.

We also did not have the huge social welfare, health and education budgets at the time.

We have huge shortages in trades and engineers etc never mind slow moving and wasteful state and semi-state agencies like Irish Water, Bus Eireann, ESB, NRA etc not even providing the utilities, sewage services, transport or roads etc. Public servants sitting on their arses all day on the INTERNET.

I have no idea who Moan O'Broin expects to build all these new homes but then neither does he.

Really? Plenty of Corporation Houses built in the 1950s are still to the good. And houses built in the 1990s and 2000s under FFG regulations (lightest of light touch) are crumbling and have been condemned.

Stacey does love to shill on behalf of FFG.

QUICK - look over there. That fellah is on the INTERNET and that's the problem

GowanyaPity!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Aidan Killian - Comedian

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼