kileens anti social housing protests

So, according to Drucker who claims he "has no political axe to grind", the purchasing of ones house from the corporation, an offer the corpo made to its various tenants irrespective of their walk of life, is almost as bad as claiming they don't have a bank account (when Minister for Finance and guilty of taking digouts) or shady dealings in the granting of mobile phone licences

Seriously Drucker, if that's your idea of having "no political axe to grind" you're even more of a shill than Otto or Stacey.
Or unknowingly having a wealthy supporter paying people to put up posters.

They’re all the same. Just on different levels.

See, selling off a licence to operate a mobile phone company to your buddy is just as bad as selling off a local authority house to your tenant.

And if you really believe that all corporation tenants were from all different walks of life then perhaps you don’t get the concept of “social housing.”

Local authority housing estates were state assets: they should never be sold off to tenants for less than they would fetch on the open market.

As for your “closing argument:”

“I’ll sing when I want, I’ll sing when I want…”

⚽⚽😃

Or unknowingly having a wealthy supporter paying people to put up posters.

They’re all the same. Just on different levels.

See, selling off a licence to operate a mobile phone company to your buddy is just as bad as selling off a local authority house to your tenant.

And if you really believe that all corporation tenants were from all different walks of life then perhaps you don’t get the concept of “social housing.”

Local authority housing estates were state assets: they should never be sold off to tenants for less than they would fetch on the open market.

As for your “closing argument:”

“I’ll sing when I want, I’ll sing when I want…”

⚽⚽😃

The very large elephant in the room when discussing elected politicians in the northside is of course Colm Burke. But people keep pointing the finger at De Dub and Tommy Gould's limitations. And Colm Burke's appalling carry on both professionally and politically isn't mentioned and FFG's hide-and-seek champion Paudie O'Sullivan isn't named in the scatter gun re limitations either. Funny that.

I know Varadkar has a brass neck but I don't think even FG will try put Colm Burke up for election next time out. Noel O'Flynn's youngfellah must fancy his chances a bit more now.

Ken o flynn, mick nugent, ken collins are on the side of existing residents, bloody hypocrites, What do we want? Loads of
social housing, but if enough people object we will side with them,

Ken o flynn, mick nugent, ken collins are on the side of existing residents, bloody hypocrites, What do we want? Loads of
social housing, but if enough people object we will side with them,

Whose side is Colm Burke on - apart from his own and FGs obviously? And has anybody heard from Paudi O'Sullivan?

Whose side is Colm Burke on - apart from his own and FGs obviously? And has anybody heard from Paudi O'Sullivan?
Are the two you mentioned always stamping their feet about lack of social housing? Here we have a development and 3 cllrs who are always beating that drum are now siding with those objecting,

Are the two you mentioned always stamping their feet about lack of social housing? Here we have a development and 3 cllrs who are always beating that drum are now siding with those objecting,

Aren't the two I mentioned the local TDs of the party in government. Ken Collins, Mick Nugent, and Ken O'Flynn aren't even on the majority side in the local council. It's the nature of opposition to "stamp their feet" to try get things done by those in power, but it's those in power have the control on what actually does get done.

FFS jimmy, just how much "quick look over there" are you going to run with? :rolleyes:

Aren't the two I mentioned the local TDs of the party in government. Ken Collins, Mick Nugent, and Ken O'Flynn aren't even on the majority side in the local council. It's the nature of opposition to "stamp their feet" to try get things done by those in power, but it's those in power have the control on what actually does get done.

FFS jimmy, just how much "quick look over there" are you going to run with? :rolleyes:
You are missing the point, Mick Nugent in particular is regularly on radio calling for more social housing, And quoting OBroins pledge
to build social housing on a scale not seen since the 1950s,

You are missing the point, Mick Nugent in particular is regularly on radio calling for more social housing, And quoting OBroins pledge
to build social housing on a scale not seen since the 1950s,

Is your point that it's Mick Nugent's fault in particular that successive FFG governments have overseen an absolute sh*tshow when it comes to housing. No need to hear from local FFG TDs or councillors one way or the other. :rolleyes:

Seriously jimmy, even the usual FFG shills like Stacey and Otto must be embarrassed for you on this.

The very large elephant in the room when discussing elected politicians in the northside is of course Colm Burke. But people keep pointing the finger at De Dub and Tommy Gould's limitations. And Colm Burke's appalling carry on both professionally and politically isn't mentioned and FFG's hide-and-seek champion Paudie O'Sullivan isn't named in the scatter gun re limitations either. Funny that.
Hardly that funny, I never noticed either Burke or POS making absolute tits of themselves in the media like Tommy Halloween Gould or Mick public ownership Barry.
If they had brain between them , it would hilarious.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼