Junior Hurling 2021

Looks like they have a complete different team from the one that played Mayfield a few years ago. It’ll be an interesting final.

Is the date set ?
Had a look at this myself as I was curious, they won the Minor A hurling championship in Kilkenny in 2018 and lost the final a year later (both against Dicksboro), I imagine they're now pulling a good few from those minor teams, interested in seeing them as they've put up some serious scores, in Kilkenny and beyond.

Best of luck to Ballygiblin in the All Ireland Junior Hurling Final v Mooncoin in Croke Park! A huge day for the club playing on the hallowed turf on Jones' Road.

Win lose or draw today, they've had a great year. As said previously, I would have made Ballygiblin 4th or 5th favourites to win the Avondhu title, let alone the County and Munster title. Yet here they find themselves deservedly in an All Ireland Final. And in fairness to them, they've improved immensely with every game from what I've seen.

Going by the scoring Mooncoin are putting up, they will probably be hot favourites to win but Ballygiblin won't lie down. Ballygiblin could be the first Avondhu club to win the All Ireland Junior A title.

Best of Luck to Ballygiblin today! Great to see them doing so well. Like North Cork Star, I wouldn't have had them as Avondhu Champs at the start of the year, just there thereabouts so it's great to see them prove alot wrong. It's a long time since the summer when some of the players wanted rid of the East Cork man, win today and they'll have a statue of him on the M8 flyover :D

Decent start from ballygiblin, 8-6 after 20 mins
Keane poor in possession and Colin English not in game. If those two get going they've a chance

Mooncoin forward line look dangerous

Excellent half by ballygiblin, should give them the belief to win it

If I was them I'd chance Keane at no.11 for second half. He's no influence on the game, I think he could do damage at centre fwd in this type of game

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fist Of Pure Emotion - Spring Fling!

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼