• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bit of controversy I'm hearing regarding the other quarter, Eire Og managed to get a delay of their game with Blarney to next week, when the Muskerry board apparently refused delays for others earlier in the year, I've been told they expect around 5 lads to come back in the meantime who weren't available previously for a variety of reasons. Could all be hearsay, who knows, regardless I think Blarney should still have enough unless they're rolling out some serious ringers.
I did hear about Eire Og Hurlers alright. PIHC Relegation play-off where John Cooper played and scored 3 from play doesn't count as a championship game so technically he's still eligible to play Junior A hurling. All will be revealed when their Junior Bs play Championship Vs Grenagh Wednesday, Daniel Goulding and Ciaran Sheehan could play and could tog out for the As then Saturday.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if Eire Og were trying something. They tried a similar stunt in 2019 in the Mid Cork final. Backfired hilariously on them and the mid cork board when they lost

Ballinascarthy beat Oliver Plunketts tonight 4-18 to 0-13, Bal being the first team to finish all their group games in Carbery, winning all 3, bit all over the place I think, Plunketts played their first group game in July, tonight was their second game which was crammed in mid week for some reason and they're back out again Saturday to play Dohenys and finish the group.

At the same time, other clubs will still have only one game played heading into October, I get that the football debacle threw a spanner in the works, but it seems mad to me that clubs like Kilbree, who don't have a Junior A football team this year even, essentially suffer because of issues elsewhere, their first game was the last weekend of July, their second and third group games are the 1st/4th of October, two months later (and their Junior B hurlers are out on the 2nd just to top it off), maybe it's just me but that seems bonkers...

Anyway, Dromtarriffe play Banteer in the first divisional final this weekend, hard to see Drom being stopped, especially with the football done now.

After hearing the Gaels could be without goalkeeper Gearoid Healy for the weekend after he took a Colin O'Brien penalty to the testicles at training last night😬12 hours later and he's still unable to stand up straight. His brother Colin or Adrian Madden are most likely to be in goals instead, toss of a coin between them

After hearing the Gaels could be without goalkeeper Gearoid Healy for the weekend after he took a Colin O'Brien penalty to the testicles at training last night😬12 hours later and he's still unable to stand up straight. His brother Colin or Adrian Madden are most likely to be in goals instead, toss of a coin between them
There's no Adrian Madden in the club and if it's Aidan Madden you're thinking of he hasn't played Gaa in about 20 years. The juniors weren't training either last night so I'm assuming this is a troll.

Is O'Reilly definitely out? He'll be a huge loss alright. I think Shanbally will throw the kitchen sink at us for 40-50 minutes but I think our young legs should have too much in them. Credit goes to the them for reaching this stage. I wasn't even sure they'd make it out of the group with Fermoy and Glanworth. They've nothing to lose and everything to gain, a nice position to be in.

Healy is a big doubt. Madden will surely get the nod. Going well all year after his stint in OZ.

This weekends the big one killavullen v kilshannig and lc gaels v shamballymore ,personally speaking I think killavullen and kilshannig with be a cracker hearing some rumours that killavullen are gonna be taking the field without marquee fowards Colin Carey and Liam Taylor will be a huge loss and there is also a rumour killavullen are calling one of the greats out of retirement to fulfil the short numbers

This weekends the big one killavullen v kilshannig and lc gaels v shamballymore ,personally speaking I think killavullen and kilshannig with be a cracker hearing some rumours that killavullen are gonna be taking the field without marquee fowards Colin Carey and Liam Taylor will be a huge loss and there is also a rumour killavullen are calling one of the greats out of retirement to fulfil the short numbers
Well Fat Frank, Kilshannig should win by 5 or more. The 2 Hanlon brothers are back and look fit. They should be too strong for a young Killavullen side. Shanballymore are like a pack of wolves, hungry and ready to feed, they should not be underestimated.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Simple Things

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼