• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wide open in Avondhu now and it was great to have the 3 games on after each other and being able to see all 3. SBM beating Dromina was a big shock, especially when Brian O' Reilly went off injured. LC/ Gaels and Clyda was on edge the whole way through and a great tough battle between both and Kilshannig beating Glanworth by as much as they did was a shock too. Killavullen had a good and expected I would say, win over Ballyhooly last night. Great championship and 2 decent semi's to watch now
dromina hit 18 wides and missed a penalty .dominated second half but shocking shooting and silly frees given away cost them dearly ,i think shanballymore only scored 4 points from play

i would have thought kilshannig are now raging favourites... possess some big physical men that can all hurl. The players they were missing earlier on in the championship have all come back too

Went along to harbour rovers and Kilshannig . Kilshannig were far too strong . They were physically bigger in nearly most positions.
Stevie Condon missed a couple of frees albeit difficult enough ones which they needed at the time..Mind you he was never on the game really ad he was well marshalled . Kilshannig will be hard to beat on this showing

i would have thought kilshannig are now raging favourites... possess some big physical men that can all hurl. The players they were missing earlier on in the championship have all come back too
All back yes but football would be their main goal I would imagine. All other 3 teams are fully 100% in the hurling.
Came out of a game injury free too tonight I'm told for once. Great win for them though. Glanworth must be sick and facing them again next week in the football

A weekend of shocks in Avondhu. I predicted Ballyhooly, Clyda, Dromina and Glanworth to progress but in fact it was Killavullen, LC Gaels, Shanballymore and Kilshannig who progress to the semi finals.

Kilshannig 2-20 Glanworth 0-14.

This was a very competitive game for 40 minutes until Kilshannig pulled away. Kilshannig were the superior team tonight and the writing was on the wall well before they pulled away. They were the much more physical and athletic of the two teams and were bigger in size. Jack Twomey was superb again for Kilshannig. He has a brilliant hand. He was excellent for Avondhu this year too. I honestly think he is worth a look at on a Cork training panel. The half back line of Kieran Twomey, Bill Curtin and Darragh O' Sullivan were excellent too. Killian and Éanna O' Hanlon are huge additions to them too. Glanworth were blown out of it and they are overly dependent on Stevie Condon who was kept quiet from general play, albeit scoring nearly all of their scores from placed balls. After this performance from Kilshannig, I would have them as hot favourites to win it out now.

LC Gaels 1-19 Clyda Rovers 1-18

This was a thrilling encounter that was decided by a late Daniel Relihan point to win it for the Liscarroll/Churchtown outfit. Colin O' Brien was very good from frees and scored three excellent sideline cuts. From placed balls, he is magnificent but I still have my doubts about his contribution from play, which is very little. Seán Killeen was excellent at centre back and Michael Hedigan made a huge impact from the bench. On the other hand, I thought Clyda were relatively poor overall. Although Clyda never die and brought the game down to the wire to their credit.

Shanballymore 1-14 Dromina 0-15.

This was probably the biggest shock of the day. Both teams met last year in championship and Dromina won by 20 points. They met earlier in the league and Dromina won by a cricket score also. But in fairness to Shanballymore they outworked Dromina and really earned their victory. Youngster Shane Looney was their star player scoring 1-3 or 1-4. Brian O' Reilly went off injured with a shoulder injury so he may be a doubt for the semi final. Dromina's tactics in the second half were questionable, constantly sending long ball into the full forward line where Shanballymore had 2 or 3 extra defenders picking up easy ball.

Killavullen 1-16 Ballyhooly 0-13.

I wasn't at this game but this would have been considered a slight shock. Ballyhooly would be the more established team at this grade. But in fairness to Killavullen, they are a young up-and-coming team. Back in 2019, they made 3 County hurling finals in U16, U18 and U21 so they have great talent coming through. Mikey O' Connor and Jamie Magner would be their new marquee players. As regards Ballyhooly, another disappointing end to a promising campaign. I don't know why they have Seán Linehan centre forward when he is one of the best centre backs in North Cork.

The semi finals are now as follows:

Killavullen v Kilshannig
LC Gaels v Shanballymore

I tip Kilshannig and LC Gaels to make the final in this. There will be a new winner to the competition this year I feel. This competition has been excellent this year.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern : Kevin McGahern

Coughlan's, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼