• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Draw for the Avondhu championship was made last night.
Group 1
Fermoy
Glanworth
Shanballymore
Araglen.
Group 2
Dromina
Buttevant
Kilshannig
Group 3
Killavullen
Castletownroche
Clyda Rovers
Group 4
Charleville
Lc Gaels
Ballyhooly
In my opinion the only group where it's open would be group 4.
I'd expect Glanworth and Fermoy to progress, Dromina and Kilshannig to go through. Killavullen and Clyda to progress but group 4 could see any of the 3 teams go through. Charleville were the surprise package last year and depending on who is available they'll be a tough team to beat. I watched them play Ballygiblin last year and bar a handling error by the goalkeeper leading to a goal they looked to have Ballygiblin in trouble. Ballyhooly and LC Gaels played out 2 great games in the group stages and knockout stages going back a few years and that'll be a great battle again. Looking forward to Kilshannig and Dromina clashing horns again. They played out a great game in Mallow last year. Glanworth are my pick for the championship and they have a relatively straightforward grouping.

Muskerry draw:

Group 1: Blarney/Inniscarra/Donoughmore

Group 2: Grenagh/Kilmichael/Cloughduv/Aghabullogue

Group 3:
Ballinora/Ballincollig/Eire Og/Iveleary

Yeah I’d say so, probably similar to county championship structure. Top 2 group winners go into semi finals, 3rd group winner and 3 runners up go into quarter finals then? I could be wrong now
Trying to find out myself, I would assume this, but there’s also been years past where Muskerry have given first round losers byes directly into the quarters so I’d say anything is possible.

I could be criticised for this but I don't even think Ballygiblin were the best team in Avondhu this year. I think there's about 4 or 5 teams in Avondhu who would fancy themselves for a North Cork.
Kilshannig, Harbour Rovers, LC Gaels and beaten finalists Clyda Rovers never had there strongest line ups available to them. Ballygiblin were taken to extra time by Kilshannig who were without a few key players. Harbour Rovers lost Stevie Condon who is well known to be there talisman.
Sean Killeen is in my opinion the best player LC Gaels have and he missed the hurling championship last year, O'Brien had to carry the weight of that team last year and a fully fit Killeen can take some of the load off him.
Clyda were unfortunate to pick up so many injuries in the run up to the final. Conor Corbett is also a fine hurler and hopefully we see him back playing this summer. A fully fit Clyda will be very hard to beat. Outside of those teams you have Dromina, an aging team but they have more fight and bottle than the rest of Avondhu put together. Ballyhooly will be hoping to build on a good year in both codes again this year. They'll be a team most will want to avoid in the group stages. Killavullen are improving each year and there's great players coming through for them underage. I don't think they'll have what it takes this year but in a few years they could be very strong. Whoever comes out of Avondhu this year will have won a strong championship in my opinion. I cannot wait for it to begin!
A few rounds into the league and Killavullen have posted double figure wins over Ballyhooly and Dromina and an 8 point victory over LC Gaels. Great young core to this team. I know its only league but they're looking impressive already

Avondhu senior hurling panel was named for the upcoming game against Carbery. A panel of 40 with a lot of junior clubs represented. Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the game from about 5 years ago where they were asking spectators to tog out!

Avondhu senior hurling panel was named for the upcoming game against Carbery. A panel of 40 with a lot of junior clubs represented. Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the game from about 5 years ago where they were asking spectators to tog out!

I'm beyond playing these days (Could win an All Ireland only for the knees:lol!:) and I even had to get shorts and socks from the car for a young lad that day. Hopefully it'll be a different story next week. Think they are playing Causeway (Kerry) tonight in a challenge

A few rounds into the league and Killavullen have posted double figure wins over Ballyhooly and Dromina and an 8 point victory over LC Gaels. Great young core to this team. I know its only league but they're looking impressive already
Nemo going very well, beat Passage well in the league final tonight. Could have problems getting everyone out when the football championship starts

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

DJ Fadd Jnr

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼