• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Clon are definitely treated differently by refs in both codes. Even here, you can see posters lining up to stick the boot in.

Hard to pinpoint the reason- it’s often put forward that this treatment comes with the territory of being one of the most prosperous and attractive towns in the country, and reveals itself to be especially prevalent when competing against teams from lower socioeconomic areas (e.g Newcestown).

I understand this to some degree as everyone loves an underdog but no doubt it hampers Clons chances of success greatly.
TRAVIS,The last man from Clon that made remarks about minows and came through the parish of Newcestown met his Waterloo exiting the parish in Beal na blath back in1922. Advisable for you to travel through Bandon if going to the city. 😁😁😁😁
On a serious note when have Clon last beaten a wii village in either football, hurling or billards?

TRAVIS,The last man from Clon that made remarks about minows and came through the parish of Newcestown met his Waterloo exiting the parish in Beal na blath back in1922. Advisable for you to travel through Bandon if going to the city. 😁😁😁😁
On a serious note when have Clon last beaten a wii village in either football, hurling or billards?
They are the last West Cork team to reach a senior county final in either code.

No question it’s a factor Trav, it’s particularly prevalent when we’re the big fish in a small pond, ie junior football and hurling, but also rears it’s head in senior football no doubt.

Clon is the cultural and economic hub of west cork, that coupled with the clubs rich heritage and success undoubtedly leads to jealousy and envy from other clubs. This mentality has certainly permeated the subconscious of the many referees and officials who’ve gone against us over the years. Fortunately we’ve been able to overcome more often than not, but it does frustrate nonetheless.
It's people like this make this forum unbearable. Whoever it is either is an absolute idiot or is looking for a bit of keyboard banter.
Whoever you are please just give up and leave the normal people on this forum discuss what matters.

It is a pity the North Cork Junior A Hurling Final is on today, the same day as the Cork Senior Hurling County Final. This is a fixture I don't normally miss but the senior final is the glamour fixture today.

I think Kilshannig's physicality and experience will be too much for LC Gaels. I would guess that Colm O' Shea, Bill Curtin or Brian Guerin will pick up Colin O Brien, each of them capable of curtailing his influence. Although freetaking in this weather could prove key.

I tip Kilshannig to edge it by 3 or 4 in a low scoring battle.

I'll stick with my earlier prediction and go Geals by 2 or 3 points in a low scoring final cause of conditions Geals 1-14 Killshannig 0-15🙈. Its going to be an absolute battle. Best of luck to both teams and will be great to see a new name on the cup.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼