• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
We were missing 5 of our starting XV today, if we have those guys with LOD starting we’d have been out of sight at HT.

If we can keep this group together and can bring a few young hurlers through we’ll be intermediate within 5 years, mark my words.

Not our day today but Clon are the coming team in hurling.
If ye took yer scores from the chances maybe.

Reckon yer going to jump two grades in five years, Russell rovers went from being in an all Ireland to finalists to relegation battle in that space of time. Too much football politics in Clon to land that dream in 5 years.

We were missing 5 of our starting XV today, if we have those guys with LOD starting we’d have been out of sight at HT.

If we can keep this group together and can bring a few young hurlers through we’ll be intermediate within 5 years, mark my words.

Not our day today but Clon are the coming team in hurling.
What time is the open top bus doing a lap of the town this evening? Asking for a friend 😉

You are deluded. Twas no more a red card.
100% a red card.

I often think we’d be better off with the same management team for football and hurling, loughmore castleiney do it well.

Put Haulie O’Neill in charge of both and watch the hurling and football medals roll in. We have the talent in both codes, no question. We have hurlers the envy of every junior club in Cork, just a lack of focus on the small ball has held us back.

100% a red card.
I often think we’d be better off with the same management team for football and hurling, loughmore castleiney do it well.

Put Haulie O’Neill in charge of both and watch the hurling and football medals roll in. We have the talent in both codes, no question. We have hurlers the envy of every junior club in Cork, just a lack of focus on the small ball has held us back.
And what would the red card be for then Fox? It was definitely a free 100%, but how did you land it into the red category?

Clon are definitely treated differently by refs in both codes. Even here, you can see posters lining up to stick the boot in.

Hard to pinpoint the reason- it’s often put forward that this treatment comes with the territory of being one of the most prosperous and attractive towns in the country, and reveals itself to be especially prevalent when competing against teams from lower socioeconomic areas (e.g Newcestown).

I understand this to some degree as everyone loves an underdog but no doubt it hampers Clons chances of success greatly.

Clon are definitely treated differently by refs in both codes. Even here, you can see posters lining up to stick the boot in.

Hard to pinpoint the reason- it’s often put forward that this treatment comes with the territory of being one of the most prosperous and attractive towns in the country, and reveals itself to be especially prevalent when competing against teams from lower socioeconomic areas (e.g Newcestown).

I understand this to some degree as everyone loves an underdog but no doubt it hampers Clons chances of success greatly.
No question it’s a factor Trav, it’s particularly prevalent when we’re the big fish in a small pond, ie junior football and hurling, but also rears it’s head in senior football no doubt.

Clon is the cultural and economic hub of west cork, that coupled with the clubs rich heritage and success undoubtedly leads to jealousy and envy from other clubs. This mentality has certainly permeated the subconscious of the many referees and officials who’ve gone against us over the years. Fortunately we’ve been able to overcome more often than not, but it does frustrate nonetheless.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼