• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Could anyone post what was said in the interview about previous Buttevant management?
Just search up "Joey O Hanlon c103" and the interview should pop up.
As Tomtom said above, the player in question in the interview Ronan Donovan was up in Galway last year so I don't know why Joey is making it sound like he was just dropped from the team completely.

Just search up "Joey O Hanlon c103" and the interview should pop up.
As Tomtom said above, the player in question in the interview Ronan Donovan was up in Galway last year so I don't know why Joey is making it sound like he was just dropped from the team completely.
As said above, he transferred to galway because the manager wasn’t going to give him game time. Meaning the management of last year didn’t trust him. Meaning this year’s management did trust him. Wasn’t really a dig just a fact in my opinion

Without going on and on about Joey etc, Ronan transferred there for work, not because he wasn't getting game time. I think it's fair to say Buttevant had a pretty reliable goalkeeper last year too who was also involved in Cork teams? Open to correction on that but really it was a managers opinion at the time to play whoever in goals

Without going on and on about Joey etc, Ronan transferred there for work, not because he wasn't getting game time. I think it's fair to say Buttevant had a pretty reliable goalkeeper last year too who was also involved in Cork teams? Open to correction on that but really it was a managers opinion at the time to play whoever in goals
Seeing that your open to correction, I’ll correct you! Ronan was told at the start of the year he wasn’t part of management plans and couldn’t be promised game time. He therefore moved up to galway to his significant other. This then allowed him to play football for a senior football team in galway. So yes he wasn’t getting game time and yes that is why it was said. Hopefully you will be humble enough to take the correction as this is fact

Seeing that your open to correction, I’ll correct you! Ronan was told at the start of the year he wasn’t part of management plans and couldn’t be promised game time. He therefore moved up to galway to his significant other. This then allowed him to play football for a senior football team in galway. So yes he wasn’t getting game time and yes that is why it was said. Hopefully you will be humble enough to take the correction as this is fact
I have no problem :D but don't leave out he went there(other than his other half) for WORK as the clubs Coaching Officer.

Listen lads, at the end of the day, Buttevant are champions and deserved it. The point with the above posts was that what Joey said didn't have to be said in an interview after the match that they had won.

Now, we move onto the 1/4's and would all the Bvant people believe, I fancy them vs St Michaels and then Cullen(I think?). There's a good county title there for them and a run in Munster for them

Incorrect. It was 50/50 between both keepers all year in the league in 2020. Ronan actually started the first round in championship that year. Then for the next round Diarmuid got his place back on the team. Ronan was commuting from Galway and made the decision to stop commuting if his place wasn't guaranteed. A fair enough decision by him as the commute was tough enough as it was. But it must have been a tough decision for management as both goalkeepers are equally as good as each other. It is like any player fighting for his place on the team, someone will unfortunately lose out. Every manager has their own ideas of players and teams so each management's decisions has to be respected. I think it was unfair on the current Buttevant manager to point blame towards the previous manager.

Anyway Buttevant won and deservedly so and the current management should be greatly credited for pulling it together help them to win it, especially after losing the previous two finals. I'm sure the current manager will regret his comments as his comments got a lot of unwanted attention.

Their manager was also comparing themselves to Knocknagree and Iveleary saying they should be playing the likes of them after winning a poor Avandhu championship and then takes a swipe off a former manager for not picking a goalkeeper. Is this man for real it's no wonder a club with so much county potential has been underachieving seems to be rotton. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fall out again after those comments and I wouldn't have a iota about this club.
I believe that Buttevant can really kick on now after going up! They have some of the most promising talents in cork football in Hanlon, o neill and mark lenehan. Along with former players like Anthony o neill returning from abroad. They also have serious underage talent eligible for next year. Bill o riordain is a fine player. I believe he has a brother on the team this year. Aaron trimm who looks like he has huge potential. And David hanlon, Conors brother and joeys son looks like he could be better than his older brother. And in my opinion IS better than his older brother. I believe with these players back and the new additions to the squad I believe Buttevant can kick on and be the next knocknagree. Time will tell

They could do with some backs, the 6 they have are fine for Junior but they don't really have any outstanding back. Madigan is a serious footballer but I'd say up until this year or last year he was always a forward. John Buckley has always been a very good centre back so I was surprised to see him playing in the forwards this year. Sean Flynn is over in Australia but always done a great job against the marquee forwards in Avondhu like Darren Butler and Colm O'Neill. He's the definition of shit to a blanket, if they got him back along with O'Neill they'd be very strong.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

31st Mar 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Easter Beer Festival

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼