• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The “5 year plan” is very short of evidence and background. Never was there ever such a notion in our small town, only a motivation to take our under-rated and disliked club to new heights, which we have managed to achieve against a senior hurling club. We are nothing but a hard working bunch who want the best for our town. We have been constantly slated on this forum, but that will never affect these boys. The eldest starter was 26, yesterday was only the beginning. May the begrudgers have a poor nights sleep tonight
Congrats on winning a north cork Jesus 😂😂

Think you’re being a bit overly sensitive , no one here slating you’re club ....or I don’t think you could take anything said here seriously , it’s all a bit of harmless entertainment and a bit of interesting info on players performances Etc. I do agree with you though on thIs “5 year plan” though ... came not from Buttevant .. ....emanated from a personal ‘ feud between a member of a certain hurling club in the east of the division who may just have lost to Charleville in the semi ?? and the Buttevant manager , ridiculing his ambition

To call Buttevant under rated is a serious reach. Not exactly on Araglin's level at all like 😂 in the last few years you've had Conor hanlon, Michael O neill, Shane swazteks O'Callaghan, Mark Lenahan, Diarmuid Doody, Gavin Carey, Raymond Harrington, Ronan Donovan, Seamus Madigan and Ryan fowley all play for Cork. That's more than the rest of Avondhu junior teams combined, but ya ye were definitely rank outsiders for the North Cork. No one saw yesterday coming at all 🙄😂

To call Buttevant under rated is a serious reach. Not exactly on Araglin's level at all like 😂 in the last few years you've had Conor hanlon, Michael O neill, Shane swazteks O'Callaghan, Mark Lenahan, Diarmuid Doody, Gavin Carey, Raymond Harrington, Ronan Donovan, Seamus Madigan and Ryan fowley all play for Cork. That's more than the rest of Avondhu junior teams combined, but ya ye were definitely rank outsiders for the North Cork. No one saw yesterday coming at all 🙄😂
You’re forgetting Sheila Murphy and the Thompson twins

Donal

High horse seems to be an appropriate tag name for yourself. There is no bitterness or resentment in our club. You seem like the kind of fella who contributes contrary opinions to stir the pot here but offers very little to your own club’s development.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Plenty involved in my own club thank you very much. I'm not a Donal either.

Your manager calling a former managers decision last year disgraceful etc was OTT and a bit better. Instead of just celebrating and confirming what he was asked which was " XX played very well"....but listen go and enjoy the celebrations of the underrated team in the division....

Lastly, I wasn't stiring any pot. The manager did that himself. I couldn't care less what they get up to Buttevant and all the power to them for winning Avondhu. Hope they win it out now..plenty of talent there as Fr Alec mentioned...also, @FrAlecsFade ... poor Alec would never get a fade with an election coming up - Willie O D wouldn't be happy!

Championship shaping out as follows.

Kilmurry VS Argideen / St James
Urhan vs Ballinhassig / Kinsale
Cullen vs Cobh
Buttevant vs St Michael's

Tough one to call, not sure what way the semi finals are layed out after this.

Kilmurry will be a lot of peoples favourites but will face a tough QF against the Carbery winners.

Kinsale- just down from intermediate, will fancy their chances against ballinhassig, who are still in the hurling.

Cullen/Cobh can probably be ruled out.

Buttevant should win that quarter, and from what I’ve seen they should be real contenders for the county. Some big names on their team (was great to see Ryan Fowley playing yesterday, don’t like to see falling outs between club and player) and I think this is the year they finally do it.

Putting all the pettiness aside, fair play to Buttevant for pulling a win out of the bag yesterday. All of this talk that they might not have the bottle to beat Charleville, went to the wayside yesterday. They scored the last three points when two points down and they secured their win with a well worked winning point late into injury time.

They won their first ever Avondhu Junior A Football title in 2017 with an ageing team. Only 3 or 4 players of that team are on the 2022 team so a big influx of youth has come into the side in recent years including the above named former Cork minors, in particular Mark Lenahan, Michael O' Neill, Ryan Fowley and Conor Hanlon who are excellent players in their own right.

While Buttevant lost the last 2 finals, this was the final for them to win with the prize of instant promotion to Premier Junior next year. A stint outside of Avondhu might help this team. The shackles might come off and they might flourish playing at higher grades against teams from different parts of the county.

I think they will give this year's Junior A county a right good go and looking at next year's line-up for the Premier Junior grade, I would tip Buttevant to give that a good rattle also.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼