• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Carbery JAFC
- Q/Final (HT)

Tadhg Mc 0-4
Carbery Rangers 0-2

This competition will run into difficulties now with the Carbery Senior footballers upcoming PSFC Q/Final v Ballincollig (18th) and with Argideen Rangers PJHC Q/Final v Russell Rovers (11th) & their also being in the S/Final of the Carbery JAFC (TBC).

Looks like last week's delay is going to have major consequences now for some.
Pretty disastrous year for the Carbery board so!

Pretty disastrous year for the Carbery board so!
I'd say the Board are buzzing. Vindicated twice last week and their Senior footballers are back at top table after a long absence

I was thinking more about the players, who having trained all year are going to have to play, 2 maybe 3 games in a week at the business end of their respective championships through no fault of their own 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I think Kinsale could be dark horses. No one seems to be talking about them. They played Intermediate league and beat Kilshannig, Gabriel Rangers and Kildorrery along the way. Might not be far off.
I thought the same myself with Mayfield in Seandun. Played county league and had a handful of wins. North side rivals had other ideas last Sunday night though haha

I think Kinsale could be dark horses. No one seems to be talking about them. They played Intermediate league and beat Kilshannig, Gabriel Rangers and Kildorrery along the way. Might not be far off.
NCS the reality is that there is many Junior teams that could compete well with Intermediate teams. I've heard people reference Intermediate as a "Glorified Junior" competition and hard to argue when you've 4 coming down to Premier Junior for next year.

Mid Cork Football Final, Kilmurry Vs Aghinagh this Sunday in Coachford @15:30.

Kilmurry will be going in as favorites after beating Canovee last week. Very strong panel and quality of their players is quite high but they are prone to flop on the big occasion. Aghinagh will be coming in with confidence after winning their bruising tie with Scarra. This fixture was played at QF stages last year and Aghinagh won on penalties after ET in Macroom in conditions similar to what is being forecasted for this weekend.

I think Kilmurry have improved a lot this year under new management and will win this game. Aghinagh will be in their faces and no easy scores will be given but Kilmurry's ability to kick from distance and Coachford being a relatively wide pitch will aid them. Could be a slow and low scoring game, €10 entry fee will keep the bellies of the Mid Cork board full for another year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼