• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hearing Barryroe players on social media blaming all round them - bottom line is they held two nice leads in both group games that they actually played and couldn't see either out sufficiently, they happily took the 2pts from the Bandon game at the time and now that the Carberry Board have used the correct rule to resolve the situation, which was available for everyone to know, and from what I am hearing, everyone was well aware before last nights games that this was the way it would be adjudicated on when the group was finished, they cry foul. Their Mgt and officers should have known/checked the rules at the point of receiving their walkover from Bandon, a few weeks ago, and planned accordingly.

Bandon should be relegated for causing so much trouble if nothing else 😁

Last edited:
Hearing Barryroe players on social media blaming all round them - bottom line is they held two nice leads in both group games that they actually played and couldn't see either out sufficiently, they happily took the 2pts from the Bandon game at the time and now that the Carberry Board have used the correct rule to resolve the situation, which was available for everyone to know, and from what I am hearing, everyone was well aware before last nights games that this was the way it would be adjudicated on when the group was finished, they cry foul. Their Mgt and officers should have known/checked the rules at the point of receiving their walkover from Bandon, a few weeks ago, and planned accordingly.

fu m8

I've seen that rule used in past, Barryroe should definitely have made themselves familiar with it

Can't see how anything is the fault of the board. It's club giving a walkover are the issue

I did hear last night regarding the walkover that Barryroe were only told 2 hours before throw-in that Bandon weren't going to field. That's the major issue here.
That's fair enough and there should be serious sanctions placed on Bandon, ie relegation but I presume that game wasn't officially declared as a walkover until the refs report went in and was ratified at a subsequent Board meeting, plenty of time for clubs involved to do some homework and work out what was best for them...and drive on accordingly...looks like they produced a really big performance last night against the reigning champions tbf...just messy stuff that could have been avoided

Last edited:
Hadn't seen them, just heard about them - immaterial now anyway, decision has been made - the qfinl draw looks lopsided, prob top 4 teams playing each other in two qfinals
There is form here before with clubs from the division taking matters to the county board. Not saying it'll happen in this instance, but I doubt it's the last we have heard of this, unfortunately.

Going nowhere with it, clear rule in place in instance of teams ending level on points and one of them after getting a walk over, reverts to a 3 step process in order to work out placings - 1st step is score difference minus the games played v team that gave a walkover - only questions to be asked are in house as to why no one in the club knew of the impending scenario?

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼