• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Two results from the Carbery division tonight:
Ballinascarthy 0-18 Kilbrittain 0-10
Kilmacabea 3-11 Clonakilty 0-8

Bal top the group with 3 wins out of 3, Kilmacs 2nd. Both into the quarter finals

Last edited:
The remainder of the Carbery group stage concludes tomorrow and Sunday.

Group 1: Tadhg Mc 4pts, Argideen Rangers 2pts, Barryroe 2pts, Bandon 0pts
Tadhg Mc play Barryroe and Argideen face Bandon, both on Sunday evening. What could complicate things is Barryroe's 2pts came by a walkover from Bandon, which could complicate matters if Argideen beat Bandon and Barryroe upset Tadhg Mc. I fancy Tadhg Mc and Argideen to qualify.

Group 2: St Mary's 4pts, St James' 2pts, Castlehaven 2pts, St Colums' 2pts
St Mary's v Castlehaven is the key match here, again on Sunday evening. Saw the James's v Haven game last Sunday, a great contest between 2 evenly matched teams, which James's squeezed a win by 2 pts. James's should beat Colums on Sunday evening. I think Mary's might sneak the other game, but I'm not confident.

Group 3: Ballinascarthy 6pts, Kilmacabea 4pts, Kilbrittain 2pts, Clonakilty 0pts
Group finished tonight as CCF mentioned above

Group 4: Randal Og 6pts, Carbery Rangers 4pts, Newcestown 2 pts, Muintir Bhaire 0pts

So my quarter-finalists would be:
Tadhg Mc
Argideen
St Mary's
St James's
Ballinascarthy
Kilmacabea
Randal Og
Carbery Rangers

Last edited:
Last round of group fixtures in Muskerry this weekend and this is how we're looking:

Group 1: 1st Kilmurry- 4pts, 2nd Clondrohid - 2pts, 3rd Kilmichael - 1pt, 4th Dripsey - 1pt
Fixtures: Kilmurry Vs Dripsey, Kilmichael Vs Clondrohid.

Don't expect current standings to change. Kilmurry will comfortably beat Dripsey, there will be a good scrap between Clondrohid and Kilmichael for second place. PK came on as a sub for hurlers last week so he could be a gamechanger but still see Clondrohid coming out on top.

Group 2: 1st Canovee - 4pts, 2nd Eire Og - 2pts, 3rd - Cill Na Martra - 0pts
Final standings as final fixture was Canovee Vs CNM this weekend but website says CNM have conceded which is disappointing. Canovee will be lacking championship gametime going into a QF

Group 3: 1st Donoughmore - 2pts, 2nd Grenagh - 2pts, 3rd Ballincollig- 0pts
Fixture: Dmore Vs Collig

Interesting group if there's a Collig win we could be looking at a 3 way tie which will come down to scoring difference. Currently Dmore are on +5 score difference, Grenagh -2 and Collig -3. All up for grabs in last game but based off Dmore already beating Grenagh and Grenagh beating Collig one would expect Dmore to come out on top Vs Collig. But there lies the uncertainty of playing second teams, don't know what team Collig could put out. One would imagine Collig have bigger fish to fry when their seniors are playing Douglas in a must win game Sunday. Would imagine Dmore will be going all out to win to avoid Kilmurry & Canovee in a QF.

Group 4: 1st Inniscarra - 2pts, 2nd Aghinagh - 2pts, 3rd Beal Atha - 0pt
Fixture: Scarra Vs Beal Atha

This group could have same outcome as above but Beal Atha lost to Aghinagh by 13 pts so very unlikely they'll be beating Scarra. Scarra comfortable winners and will top group, seem to be motoring away nicely with cork hurler SOD influential in their forward line, not many teams will fancy playing them in QF
Jesus you are some predictor and you writing for the echo.

Kilmichael had half a team out tonight and it hates me to say it should of beaten clondrohid by 7 or 8 points with the shots they missed and frees.

I'm on nights at the moment so couldn't make it down for the Avondhu quarter final last night between Buttevant and Kilshannig but I'd say I was better off where I was.
Buttevant 3-16 Kilshannig 2 points.
When the draw for the group stages we're made the Avondhu board decided to put the 4 second string teams in a group together and that didn't sit well with me. One way traffic tonight and now Buttevant face Fermoy's second team in the semi where I expect a similar result. Buttevant brought Fowley on tonight so they're going from strength to strength and will take stopping in the final.

Be some crack down West if Barryroe manage to beat Caheragh tonight and Timoleague beat Bandon, could see the reigning champs Caheragh gone.

Apparently the West Cork Board made a cluster f**k of this group allowing Bandon back in after they gave a walkover in their first group game.

I'm on nights at the moment so couldn't make it down for the Avondhu quarter final last night between Buttevant and Kilshannig but I'd say I was better off where I was.
You were.

Brutal stuff altogether. Kilshannig had 2 sent off towards the end for foul language it looked like, too.

As you said, Buttevant should come through Fermoy without any real hassle too. Open enough the other side maybe with Charleville, Kilworth, Killavullen there. The Group stages were an open draw so as they say, just luck of the draw

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Eamonn McCormak Band

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼