Judge Martin Nolan

What happened with Patwell? I was in his court on several occasions as the victim of a crime and I do remember him being a right prick over the smallest of infringements
He would routinely sentence people over and above the norm, and on occasion even over what he was allowed to sentence on the offence. As a result, loads and loads of his convictions would have to be appealed on severity and it completely clogged up the circuit court lists. Like there would be whole days of circuit court appeals in Mallow just dedicated to dealing with his lists.

He had a rule that if you didn't plead guilty on the first day in court he wouldn't give the probation act. Regardless of whether the offence merited it or not. I had a client due in court over a tiny thing (an offence that would always get the probation act on first offence). Client's mother died and the funeral was the day of court so I went and explained it to Judge Pattwell who was very understanding and put it back a week. In the next week to plea and Patwell gave him a conviction because "my rule is no adjournments. You made the choice to go to the funeral rather than be here".

That guy got the probation act, and an apology, from a circuit court judge. It was still entirely unnecessary stress and expense for everyone though.

Swim nappies only hold solids.

Remember this the next time you see a baby swim class in a pool...

You do know there are some swimming pools in peoples' houses that are privately owned by adults who have their own toilet facilities if ever they feel the urge to go to the toilet don't you?

Perhaps you meant to say a lot of public pools, especially those where swim nappies have been worn, have a high proportion of piss in them rather than your
"every swimming pool is full of piss. All of them."
claim.

You do know there are some swimming pools in peoples' houses that are privately owned by adults who have their own toilet facilities if ever they feel the urge to go to the toilet don't you?

Perhaps you meant to say a lot of public pools, especially those where swim nappies have been worn, have a high proportion of piss in them rather than your
"every swimming pool is full of piss. All of them."
claim.
To quote the late great Naff, you'd bore a tamagotchi.... 🙄

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

24th Jul 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Shaun Gorman

Arty's Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼