John O'Shea Republic of Ireland Football Manager

A lot to chew on but personally I don’t think the Irish media will be over-enamelled with this appointment.

Sure we’ll see a bit of bite, possibly even a bit of overbite in our play but I’m expecting a lot of root canal one football and let me tell you if he fails to grind out a few results it won’t be long before it’ll be all molar for him.

Not sure if Denis O’brien will be contributing to the salary but I suspect the days of him playing tooth fairy godmother to the FAI are in the past.
Don't forget that when Jack Charlton got the job, there wasn't exactly a media sensation around the appointment, either. I'm not saying he'll be the next Charlton or anything, but both appointments would come after a long period in the doldrums and there cannot be an expectation for the kind of manager who creates a media buzz. This new guy seems about the right level and has gotten good results in the past.

Don't forget that when Jack Charlton got the job, there wasn't exactly a media sensation around the appointment, either. I'm not saying he'll be the next Charlton or anything, but both appointments would come after a long period in the doldrums and there cannot be an expectation for the kind of manager who creates a media buzz. This new guy seems about the right level and has gotten good results in the past.
Indeed. I’d like to see them bring in an Irish coach to work alongside him. I think a belt and braces approach could serve us well.

I know it's tempting to wonder wtf is going on, we've been on a rocky road for a while but with all the young players who've gotten experience in the last few years all we are lacking is a bit of a polish and it will all look brighter

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

24th Jul 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼