Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Now it's starting to hit home with their readers
House prices down in the home counties? Omg.
What next? Princess Diaries down 10%?

I was working in the UK 25 years ago - and I said to a NZ colleague, if Aliens landed in Britain in the morning the Daily Mail / Daily Express's headlines would rotate around the predicted effect on house prices.

He said that'd be the second day's headline, the first would revolve around our jobs, social services and handouts.

Just as well we are in the EU, they would not be allowed to do this here :

People are too thick to understand

Sell by - Best Before - Use By

And somehow get the 3 mixed up. I'd keep sell by dates to stop shops selling old stuff. Use by should only exist on dangerous stuff like certain raw meats.

People are too thick to understand

Sell by - Best Before - Use By

And somehow get the 3 mixed up. I'd keep sell by dates to stop shops selling old stuff. Use by should only exist on dangerous stuff like certain raw meats.
I totally understand why these dates are on stuff, but I completely ignore them, depending on what the food is of course.

Bread with blue bits, eat away, it's only a bit of mold, cut of the moldy bit if you want to. Same with cheese (I mean the stuff that's not blue already when you buy it).
Milk, give it an aul sniff, or a wee taste, you'll know if it's dodgy. If it's turning make bread with it.
Dry goods generally, sure they last forever, might get a bit soft (cornflakes) but they'll be grand.
Etc.

People nowadays are awful wusses. In my day we were lucky to hav...no, wait, sorry, had a brain fade there, must be due to eating all that gone-off grub over the years.

I totally understand why these dates are on stuff, but I completely ignore them, depending on what the food is of course.

Bread with blue bits, eat away, it's only a bit of mold, cut of the moldy bit if you want to. Same with cheese (I mean the stuff that's not blue already when you buy it).
Milk, give it an aul sniff, or a wee taste, you'll know if it's dodgy. If it's turning make bread with it.
Dry goods generally, sure they last forever, might get a bit soft (cornflakes) but they'll be grand.
Etc.

People nowadays are awful wusses. In my day we were lucky to hav...no, wait, sorry, had a brain fade there, must be due to eating all that gone-off grub over the years.
0DE99CEE-B2E0-4218-B884-0E0E5764A4DF.jpeg

Just as well we are in the EU, they would not be allowed to do this here :

I think they would

2021 export figures put the value of IE exports at $677.7bn and those of the UK at $875.3bn.

Irish exports were 77.5% of the UK. Given the relative populations of 5million vs 69million, per capita exports exceeded 10 times the UK's for the first time.

1686209775290.png

Thanks Brexit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼