Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

If SNP get 60% next time out - they still can't call indyref2.
Time to consider other alternatives..........Scotland has given the SNP repeated mandates........seems to be growing momentum behind a UDI.

If SNP get 60% next time out - they still can't call indyref2.
Time to consider other alternatives..........Scotland has given the SNP repeated mandates........seems to be growing momentum behind a UDI.
Put down the Buckfast and get a few boatloads of Mauser rifles from Germany and declare a Republic?

Put down the Buckfast and get a few boatloads of Mauser rifles from Germany and declare a Republic?
Without the boatloads of Mausers yea.....SNP are going to get a battering in the short term.......the feeling that they're not pushing hard enough is reinforced today. October 2023 can't happen now.

Back to politics than and the Scots being held as hostage against their will?

This is not a "Union of equals" and good for the SNP.

If a country that has no ability or right to even decide its own future because of its democratically expressed views that are always overruled by a much larger neighbour, then that country is, by definition, oppressed and therefore not free to determine its own path.

N.I. has a structure to do so and is still basically in the E.U. with those benefits and some day in the future may well decide to stay or leave the U.K. while Scotland is just an abused trapped partner.

You would have to expect the pro Scottish independence cause has only strengthened in recent years.

If they called a poll tomorrow to vote for Scottish Independence, how would you see it going ?

You would have to expect the pro Scottish independence cause has only strengthened in recent years.

If they called a poll tomorrow to vote for Scottish Independence, how would you see it going ?
You can find all the polls online, I posted them a few months back and from memory, independence was losing in the majority of them. Although some with in the margin of error.

You can find all the polls online, I posted them a few months back and from memory, independence was losing in the majority of them. Although some with in the margin of error.
How the hell is that possible?

Like is the vast majority not looking at westminster and shaking their heads ?

Was it the older voter that cost them last time ?

The only way to get Independence is fight for it, Connolly and Pierce were right from the start with the Easter rising, only language the British know, it will have to come for the Scots too, Sturgeon should declare a republic and get a barmy army together.

Feel free to post that info if you have it freely available.

I didn't specifically mention Brexit in that post. I actually think UK government incompetence is at least as big an issue, probably bigger, in that long term slump, but then again, Brexit is their stupid idea too.

In absolute terms, it's shit. I don't know how bad it is in relative terms, but I'd be surprised if it isn't worse than comparable EU economies, considering the UK has been an absolute jokeshop politically.
I don't have that info to hand but if you consider a countries currency to act as a form of proxy for its economic health then you will see EUR/GBP is more or less where it was 6 years ago, so I would think on a comparative basis with Europe not a hell of a lot has changed. I suppose you could argue the UK would have been roaring ahead without Brexit but all that is, is an opinion, I'm not sure political ineptitude makes a huge difference to an overall economy (only an opinion also) as the markets generally act as a deterrent to sheer stupidity and act accordingly i.e forcing a U-Turn on Truss's recent budget.

As for not mentioning Brexit, my apologies, I was mislead by the thread title!!

Straight down the middle - Scotland is polarised into Tim vs Hun, Indy vs Unionist

Independence is a hard sell to the "toaster in the cupboard" crowd

51% no to 49% yes in the most recent polling

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼