Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Torys are as scared of the pensioners as FF are.
It's their constituency. If they lose them they're doomed.

triple lock stays. Means testing wont be a thing.
Right now the Tories are trying to get the pensioners cash, get them back to work or simply kill them off as they are a strain on public services like the NHS etc.

Financial Times 22-11-22
Breaking news: The UK’s economy is set to be the worst performer in the G20 bar Russia over the next two years, according to the OECD
1669129391826.png

1669129596902.png

A fish processing facility in Grimsby employing almost 200 workers is under threat of closure after its owner said Brexit and the coronavirus pandemic had made it too challenging to operate.

Iceland Seafood said the site at Grimsby, previously 10% of the group’s turnover, was no longer “a strategic fit” after buying the facility in 2018, and that it would focus on its other European facilities in Spain and Ireland for processing.
1669129413001.png

Last edited:
Right now the Tories are trying to get the pensioners cash, get them back to work or simply kill them off as they are a strain on public services like the NHS etc.

Financial Times 22-11-22
Breaking news: The UK’s economy is set to be the worst performer in the G20 bar Russia over the next two years, according to the OECD
View attachment 16951

View attachment 16953

A fish processing facility in Grimsby employing almost 200 workers is under threat of closure after its owner said Brexit and the coronavirus pandemic had made it too challenging to operate.

Iceland Seafood said the site at Grimsby, previously 10% of the group’s turnover, was no longer “a strategic fit” after buying the facility in 2018, and that it would focus on its other European facilities in Spain and Ireland for processing.
View attachment 16952
Grimsby - 69.9% Leave

Tory Andrew Griffith boasted Brexit 'can deliver and is already delivering enormous benefits' - but couldn't reel off any of them.

Top Tory boasts Brexit is delivering 'enormous' benefits - then can't name a single one​

Treasury minister Andrew Griffith told MPs Brexit 'can deliver and is already delivering enormous benefits' - but hastily added there wasn't time to reel off any of them

• 10:21, 22 Nov 2022
A top Tory boasted Brexit has delivered “enormous” benefits to Britain - but was then unable to name a single one.
Andrew Griffith came unstuck at the climax of a Commons speech defending the Autumn Statement, after Chancellor Jeremy Hunt admitted there were “trade barriers” with the E.U.
SNP MP Peter Grant asked: “Could the minister just tell my constituents one thing that is a definite benefit, even to 20% of the people in my constituency, from Brexit?

“Something they would notice the difference with?"

Mr Griffith hastily replied: “Well, I am afraid we have time not left enough to share all of the benefits that we are delivering for his constituents.

The forecasted fall in living standards is staggering. Only really just caught up with it now. Scary stuff:
2190.jpg

The UK is forecasted to have a decade with where living standards are abysmal in comparison to what they should be, with a really shockingly bad 2 year period, dropping standards to what they were 12 years ago. Covid is a mere blip on this chart.
Funnily enough, this is great news for labour, the further down that curve they take over, the more they benefit from being seen as the drivers of the rise in standards.
FFs while I agree Brexit has been obviously bad for the UK, for you to simply ignore the effects of worldwide inflation on disposable income is as much head in the sand stuff as those who won't acknowledge the negative consequences of Brexit.

The UK is not alone in countries expecting a large fall in household disposable incomes.

2 sides here.

Blame nothing on Brexit.

Blame everything on Brexit.

Whereas the truth is somewhere in the middle.

FFs while I agree Brexit has been obviously bad for the UK, for you to simply ignore the effects of worldwide inflation on disposable income is as much head in the sand stuff as those who won't acknowledge the negative consequences of Brexit.

The UK is not alone in countries expecting a large fall in household disposable incomes.

2 sides here.

Blame nothing on Brexit.

Feel free to post that info if you have it freely available.

I didn't specifically mention Brexit in that post. I actually think UK government incompetence is at least as big an issue, probably bigger, in that long term slump, but then again, Brexit is their stupid idea too.

In absolute terms, it's shit. I don't know how bad it is in relative terms, but I'd be surprised if it isn't worse than comparable EU economies, considering the UK has been an absolute jokeshop politically.

2 sides here.

Blame nothing on Brexit.

Brexit has not caused these things. It has just made all of them far, far worse compared to other countries who were not stupid enough to do a "Brexit".

Just think of the time, money and political capital spent on Brexit over the Past 7 years in the U.K. and the E.U.

All that time and money spent seeking sunlit uplands and unicorns instead of addressing actual problems affecting a state and its peoples.

Ideological dogma and rhetoric has failed the U.K. and even if they somehow re-joined the single market tomorrow they are still focked.

1669133395161.png

Owen Paterson taking UK to human rights court after lobbying scandal Former MP, who once argued UK should break free from Strasbourg court, is challenging finding he repeatedly broke rules UK politics live: latest news updates Owen Paterson was a leading Brexiter and former cabinet minister. Owen Paterson, the former MP at the centre of a lobbying scandal that engulfed Boris Johnson’s government, is taking the UK to the European court of human rights to challenge the finding that he repeatedly broke the rules on paid advocacy. Paterson, a leading Brexiter who also once argued the UK should “break free” from the ECHR, filed his case on the grounds that his right to respect for private life was infringed under article 8 of the European convention on human rights

It's hard to disentangle Brexit, the Ukraine war and Covid when trying to assess how much the Tories have fucked up Britain.

Anyway, things are going great.
27447.jpeg

Must be something to do with those acute personnel shortages:

Thames Water ended their hosepipe ban today. South East Water, Yorkshire Water and others still have hosepipe bans in force. In entirely unrelated news, the UK hasn't had a new water reservoir since 1992. I'm sure that's unrelated to privatisation in 1989...

The UK's National Grid issued a blackout warning today.
At least they've reopened the UK's main gas storage facility, 3 weeks ago:

And Bulb's bailout will cost £6.5 billion.

As a Bulb customer, that figure seems somewhat surprising because they only got 1.6 million customers. I'm sure it's not just pissed up against a wall.
Oh, right, it was because they barred Bulb from hedging:

Let's see, what else is going on? Oh yes, 90% of schools are out of money:

More councils are going 'bankrupt'*, another 2 last week:
All bar one Tory run.

Rail strikes are ongoing.

And the UK has the highest tax burden since the early 50s.

It almost seems cruel to lob Brexit onto that pile of burning shit.

*they can't technically go bankrupt, they're just fucked because they have no more money and no way of getting it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼