Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

The poverty and deprivation in much of Britain these days - particularly in the North of England, South Wales and parts of Scotland has to be seen to be believed - real hardship and no hope for the future. This is largely a result of the decimation of heavy industry with nothing to replace it during the Thatcher years.

If any country is an example of the race to the bottom, it’s the UK.

Remember that Ireland, for a very long time the poor relation of the UK, passed it out in terms of GNP per capita/purchasing power around 2002 during the Celtic Tiger era. We’ve pulled way ahead of Britain ever since. This is one of the main reasons so many Brits have been coming over here, taking advantage of the higher wages and better general quality of life.

NEW Liz Truss raised almost £420,000 from donors to fund her Tory leadership campaign. Biggest single donation of £100k came from Fitriani Hay, wife of James Hay, a former BP executive with a luxury goods empire.

No windfall tax?

I wonder why?
30 mps have shares in energy companies, 21 of them are Tory. She claims that it would deter investment if there was a windfall tax but the lad from Kerry who's head of BP said it wouldn't deter investment at all.

I thought it was looking quite nice, for the most part, when I was there recently. Besides the traffic.

Think it's going to be a lovely little country town once the bypass comes in.

Of course. It's just if you apply the same way of reviewing how things are in the UK to Ireland via the state of parts of Cork, then you may well conclude Ireland is also in a pitiful state. Don't think folks here would agree with that.

Seriously though, what the fuck is up with North Main Street? It's like it's cursed, half a dozen absolute wrecks of buildings in the first 100 or so metres of it, right in the core of the city.
Speaking of bypass, dopey Eamon is trying to shelve the motorway from the capital to Limerick, to bypass Buttevant and Charleville mainly. He says that Charleville is a 19th century market town. I thought it was founded in the 1600s?

Unfortunately, they are our neighbours having a mid-life post imperial crisis and we will be affected.

They need to get it together as this endless State funeral business and no government for months is taking its toll.

Whatever about their daft Brexit we do need them to succeed even though they have set their feet in concrete and have decided to throw themselves overboard the Royal Yacht Shittania.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼