Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Question now remains - who the fock are they going to replace him with? And what kind of cabinet will they have?

Second Tory pitches to replace PM​

Boris Johnson is “the past”, a leading Tory Brexiteer declared this morning as he became the latest Conservative MP to put themselves forward to replace the prime minister.

Steve Baker said that the government was in freefall and predicted that Johnson would be forced from office “in the next couple of days”.

The former head of the European Research Group of MPs became the second leading Tory to declare that they would stand to succeed him after the leadership pitch by Suella Braverman, the attorney-general, last night.

“I would have to think about it very seriously,” he told Today on BBC Radio 4

Baker, who was instrumental in bringing down Theresa May, defended himself against charges that it was unconstitutional for Tory MPs to try and topple two democratically elected leaders.

“Of course you’re right that I am stridently criticised. I’m also stridently supported. I just have to do what I believe is right.”

As he was speaking yet more Conservative ministers moved to resign.

The Technology minister Chris Philp quit, saying that the “PM should step down given public and parliamentary confidence has clearly gone, and given the importance of integrity in public life”.

He was joined by the pensions minister Guy Opperman who said it should not take the “resignation of 50 colleagues” to get rid of Johnson but “sadly the PM has left us no choice”.

Braverman, the attorney-general, confirmed her own plans to stand for the leadership. She told Today on BBC Radio 4: “I’m putting myself forward because I believe the 2019 manifesto is fit for purpose. [It] presents a bold and inspiring vision of our country. I want to deliver on the promises contained in that manifesto. I want to embed the opportunities of Brexit, tidy up the issues with the Norrhern Ireland Protocol, fix the problem of illegal boats, cut taxes, shrink the size of the state and take on some of that cancel culture and woke rubbish”

[Times]

wolf-of-wallstreet-im-not-fucking-leaving.gif

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Making A Scene

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼